I was trying to change the car home app to not open up when placed in a car dock.

So I'm trying to edit the settings in Car Home and the app instantly Force Closes. In the app I press the Settings/Android Settings and it force closes. The app itself works fine and editing normal settings is fine.

I tried clearing the cache/data and re installed the app and still force closes.

I'm not sure if none of my other installed apps might be causing the issue or my ROM. Is there a way to "read" the force close report?

I'm rooted with Gingeritis v1.2

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
    09-05-2012 12:08 PM
    Anyone?

09-07-2012 08:29 PM
    Sorry, Scott. I don't use a dock so I don't know how to fix the problem. Does it do it on other ROMs? If not, it might just be a quirk with Gingeritis.
    09-07-2012 08:43 PM
    I haven't tried any other ROMs.

09-07-2012 09:46 PM
    I'd make a backup of Gingeritis, and then flash a new ROM just so you can check to see if the dock problem persists. Then just restore Gingeritis depending on what happens. As much as I like custom ROMs, just about every one of them has a small issue like the one you're dealing with.
    09-07-2012 10:08 PM
    Any recommended ROMs you suggest? Only other one I ever looked into was BAMF. Who knows, if I like the new ROM I may just keep it.

09-07-2012 10:13 PM
    If you're not set on a Sense ROM, give Thundershed 1.6 a try. It's a CM 7.2 ROM, and I think it's great. If you want to stick with Sense, I have had zero issues with ThunderStick Full Blown 1.1.1. Or you could go with BAMF Forever 1.11. Both are Sense 3.0 ROMs and are solid.
    09-07-2012 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD