★ ☆ | ROM | NuSenseROM | ICS Sense 3.6 | BEATS AUDIO | XLoud | Beta | ☆ ★

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: ★ ☆ | ROM | NuSenseROM | ICS Sense 3.6 | BEATS AUDIO | XLoud | Beta | ☆ ★

Devils,

For the record, I'm not on the newest version yet, still on 6.4. But what kind of bugs do you have?
I was told of that restore method pretty recently, and tried it when I went from bamf forever 1.10 to NuSense 6.4., and I personally recommend to do it more when going from ics to ics and not necessarily from gb to ics, but it still looked like it loaded everything was fine.
Me having an ounce of ocd, I said what the heck, let me start fresh, just in case. It's not hard for us to do, just longer, ie TiBu'ing all the apps back and programming our settings etc. So I cleared all 3 in recovery, and re flashed 6.4 fresh and just added apps later. All running well for me.

Only real problems I have, which really aren't pushing my buttons and I can live with, occasionally I'll get "lookout is not responding" while in an another app, and my phone will show a 4G icon at top but data isn't really connected until I do a quick manual data on (could be happening because juice defender turns my data off when screen off), and lastly, when I turn wifi tether on/off I always get the "allow superuser" pop up even though superuser app binaries are updated to the latest. But again, I could care less :-D finally my bolt has solid life (data) again, without that intermittent crap, and it's perfect for giving my my wife and I steady wifi for our tablets :-D

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

Lots of close/wait messages,constantly needing to change SwiftKey to the default input, lag, and battery life is lowered considerably. I think it may be the radios that are causing the problems but I am not sure, I need to get the time to try the various fixes I have seen.

EDIT: I think I am going to flash back to 7.6, changed the radios to the ICS suggested one's and it was worse. Not sure what I did wrong but thinking I liked 7.6 a whole lot more than what I have now. Yeah I am aware I did not have 7.6 as long as I have had 10.8 but I am that way.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

I feel I must move onto 10.8 quickly!

as per Santod, " My Bolt is now close to 25 hours, 34% left, ext battery."

now that sounds super healthy! :-D

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Now on 10.8
So far so good

I flashed it, then let it load, then went back into recovery>restore >advanced restore> and restored data from latest 6.4 nandroid.
Didn't have to run TiBu, or enter any email account, even my background is restored. :-D

Haven't been running long, but all seems okay so far. Will update as we move forward.

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

Please let me know if yours works better than mine, also which radios are you on? 7 is giving me the same problems now. I may just reflash 10.8 and go from there.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

On 10.8,

Occasionally I get lookout is not responding (got that on 6.4 too, no biggy for me)

Wifi, blue tooth, data all work, as they did on 6.4 too. Wifi tether too, the new superuser app seems good so far.

I'm still monitoring battery. First full day of use yesterday, got over 12 hours with extended battery (been texting family up north, hurricane sandy), was looking for more but that's what I got.. Still in monitoring mode.

Loving the additional tweaks to the rom, However, you must be careful and not try and activate a feature that the phone cannot deal with yet. Happened to me, error msg came up every second or so saying Sense has crashed or can't load. I couldn't get back into the tweaks to change back. I know I had fiddled with the wrong tweaks as I had the phone working fine on 10.8 before fiddling.
So I went back into recovery and re flashed it and advance restored all. Did some minor tweaking and all good so far.

My radios are the same which were recommended for 6.4, the combo radios. Here's the link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1864157

ALSO, I know I missed 7.2, and I'm not sure if this was in there or not, but my Gmail is version 4.2 which includes pinch to zoom! Even my non rooted JB tablet doesn't have that yet! :-D

Last edited:

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

I would be happy with 8 hours of battery, I am really thinking about checking out 10 again now.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

Today I got less battery, but still letting the rom settle in.

One thing I have noticed is that when I long press our home button to change apps, I get an error message saying "unfortunately system UI has stopped", can only press ok. No previous apps load like they could in 6.4.
Could be I have a tweak messing it up, but doesn't bug me. I'll find a way around it, although I do like and am used to change apps that way.

EvilAlbatross

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Hello all!

I'm a new forum member and a new root user. I just flashed this ROM (ver. 10) last night and I really like it so far but was curious about some things. So far, everything has worked perfectly (I have 4G no problem, wifi is working better than before) but I have noticed the battery being reduced like nobody's business! I go to my power section and it states I have 50 or so minutes (of actual use) left. It seems to be losing 1% every couple minutes without actually doing much (checking email, texting, etc). I've tried to adjust the display properties as much as I can to no avail.

Should I wait it out and see if it needs time to equalize? It's been less than a day, but I don't think it should be draining THAT fast.

Also, I know it's been mentioned, but is there any way to adjust the audio so it doesn't skip? I use pandora and such a lot and I could immediately tell.

Thanks in advance! :)

(Also: Would moving some bloatware to the SD card help? I'm assuming if the program is moved, it is no longer "running" on the phone's memory, therefore it won't take RAM and such, which would (in theory) help battery life as having less background programs running. Am I kinda on track?)

Last edited:

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

ok guys, got some battery info.
Did some battery monitoring all yesterday, took multiple screenshots of battery life, sharing the last one.

* V10.8
* extended batt by seidio
* phone used lightly that day
* 5 gmail accounts always in sync, plus sense weather, backup assistant & whatsapp
* juice defender pro, turns on data radio every 30 min or when I turn screen on.
* did some calling, texting, wifi, wifi tethering (~160mb), received emails

unplugged my phone at 10am yesterday, didn't hook up to power all day, here's what I got:

hour 1 (10am) = 100% bat.
hour 5 (3pm) = 77%
hour 10 (8pm) = 49%
hour 12 (10pm) = 40%
hour 13 (11pm) = 25%
hour 14 (12am) = 16%

so it's safe to say that on a day of light to casual use, I can get about 14-16 hours of use.

the night before it, I was purposefully trying to drain the battery for this test, and to do so, I had the flashlight on as well as a surveiliance camera app and the sucker wouldn't let go of 2% battery, I'ver never seen it stay on a % that long like I saw 2%. As % went down, the percentages lasted longer & longer as they went down. You know this, such as when you disconnect your phone from being charged all night it can suddenly show 98% down from 100% in a few seconds.

Just wanted to share so you know what to expect with that kind of use and battery, although every phone can still act differently. :)
Screenshot_2012-10-31-23-58-20.png

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

So juice defender is worth it?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

So juice defender is worth it?

JD can always help some.
It's neat as you can customize it in a way that whenever your screen is off, data radio is off too. You'll still receive telephone calls and texts messages as that radio stays alive. But let's say you want to listen to Internet radio via an app but don't want to keep the screen on, well, No Problem! (I sound like an infomercial guy hehe). You can customize certain apps you want to work to keep data radio alive while screen off. A good example, I selected maps (for navigation with screen off), xiaa & TuneIn radio apps, as well as wifi tether app, all to be able to access data while the screen is off. Of course, while your data radio would be on, you'd still get Gmail and other sync coming in automatically, but when screen off, Gmail etc sync will be off too (if you choose, whatever you choose).
I'm not entirely sure the free version gives you the options above, however they allow you to start with a free version to check the app out.

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

Bought the pay version, pretty neat so far. Expect some stupid questions from me on the customization of it, more than likely via private message

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Not sure which thread I saw it in, but I downloaded the root dim app and the free juice defender and I'm seeing a big difference in battery life

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

This is with a reg battery
ute4a2am.jpg

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

This is with a reg battery

Omg wow! I'd love to achieve those/higher numbers with ext battery.
What is your use and setup like?

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Today was a little lighter than usual use wise. I was on wifi all day. I'm running root dim and free juice defender

Last edited:

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

On way to get root dim! Need to try it too. Thanks

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Im actually gonna go back to 10.8 now and see how it goes.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

sseth i thought you picked up a gnex!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12