Hey guys,
    Recently rooted my Tbolt using the "All in one" listed in these forums (amazingly simple, btw) and have Thundershed v1.6 ROM running how. Now, the rom allows me to overclock up to 2035MHz (from the usual 1GHz), but don't feel comfortable running it that high for an extended period of time. Was wondering what have experiences been with Tbolt, what others feel is a "safe" overclock, and any recommended SetCPU profiles (ie Temp, Battery, Screen off, Charging, etc.). I'm running a pretty conservative "screen off" profile right now (max 368 MHz) for the sake of battery life.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

VE
    09-18-2012 08:20 PM
    How're you liking TShed so far? It has become my favorite ROM, and I will continue using it until Liquid/Jester perfect their ROM for us. I think your screen off profile is pretty good. I have my Bolt overclocked to 1190 MHz (max) and 307 MHz (min). I have it set on Performance and Noop. You could go up to 368 for the min but I haven't seen a need to yet. I definitely wouldn't raise the max anywhere near 2035. That would seriously lessen battery life, cause the phone to run hot, and might even burn something up in the phone over time. Besides that, I just don't see any reason to. For me, the settings I've chosen give me outstanding performance and very good battery life, but feel free to experiment and see what works best for you.
    09-18-2012 09:13 PM
    Hey thanks man!
    I definitely am loving the IC-eSque nature of Tshed. I ran some stress tests at about 1.8GHz and it didn't crash out or anything so I had it living there for a little. Absolutely drains battery though. I recently brought it down a little closer to 1.3GHz since it seemed to be spending about half of its time there anyways and that also held up very well on stress test.

My profiles are currently as follows:

Temp >/= 50*C (122*F): Max 460, Min 245; Priority 100, Conservative
    Screen off: as before; Priority 80, Ondemand
    Charing (any): Max 1401, Min 245; Priority 60, Ondemand
    Battery </= 15%: CPU Max 537, Min 245; Priority 40, Powersaver

Also recently discovered Juice Defender which also does wonders for my batter life. (was using Greenleaf but it started doing more harm than good after the Gbread update)

I've also heard of programs that can help distribute RAM more efficiently but haven't looked into them too much. Any advice in that department?
    09-18-2012 10:13 PM
    Juice Defender is an odd app. I've heard some people have good results with it, while other haven't seen a noticeable difference. Count me among the latter, but if it's working for you, go with it. I haven't really looked into any RAM programs because I think the OS does the job well enough for me. Any time I check my RAM usage, it always seems I have plenty of RAM available, so I just haven't seen a need to bother with it. However, I'm always interested in learning more about Android OS and any app that can improve my phone's performance, so if you decide to try one of the apps, please report back. If you have good results, I'll probably check it out and see what kind of difference it makes with my usage habits.

As far as your settings, the only thing I might change is setting the Min a little higher. I feel like it makes a difference with Netflix, YouTube, and with the Music Player, depending on the kernel being used. With it set higher, I don't get the fuzzy images at the start of playback while the cpu ramps up.
    09-19-2012 06:49 PM
    Hey thanks man!
    I definitely am loving the IC-eSque nature of Tshed. I ran some stress tests at about 1.8GHz and it didn't crash out or anything so I had it living there for a little. Absolutely drains battery though. I recently brought it down a little closer to 1.3GHz since it seemed to be spending about half of its time there anyways and that also held up very well on stress test.

My profiles are currently as follows:

Temp >/= 50*C (122*F): Max 460, Min 245; Priority 100, Conservative
    Screen off: as before; Priority 80, Ondemand
    Charing (any): Max 1401, Min 245; Priority 60, Ondemand
    Battery </= 15%: CPU Max 537, Min 245; Priority 40, Powersaver

Also recently discovered Juice Defender which also does wonders for my batter life. (was using Greenleaf but it started doing more harm than good after the Gbread update)

I've also heard of programs that can help distribute RAM more efficiently but haven't looked into them too much. Any advice in that department?
    If I oc the bolt at all I get occasional reboots and notice no improvement at all in performance.
    09-26-2012 01:42 PM