So Im rooted for the first time ever...now what?

CunningStunt

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Superwipe wipes everything, including the ROM. Pull the battery then put it back in. Hold the down volume button and the power button to get into hboot. Once the menu comes up, scroll down to recovery and press the power button. Then just flash the ROM again. Let it load. When it's done, go back into recovery and flash the Google Apps and GTalk, then reboot. Don't flash the Gapps and Gtalk with the ROM. You should be ready to go.

I am so grateful for your help. I put NuSense back on for now...gonna play with it more...any knowledge of other barebones roms that run fast?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Give Liquid Smooth 3.2 a try. It's another CM7 based ROM and works well. But if you're set on a Sense ROM, there really aren't any that could be considered minimal.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

CunningStunt

May 1, 2012
Visit site
3.2 is the best so far...this rooting and flashing different roms thing is awesome! I have tried like 5 diff ones now. In LS 3.2 , how do I go into the GPS settings? It shows that its on in the status bar pulldown menu, but Maps wont lock on...

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
You're probably gonna have to flash the agps fix/patch. You can grab it from xda or just Google it. Install the same way you would any ROM but without the wiping.

F350-6

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
3.2 is the best so far...this rooting and flashing different roms thing is awesome! I have tried like 5 diff ones now. In LS 3.2 , how do I go into the GPS settings? It shows that its on in the status bar pulldown menu, but Maps wont lock on...

Which 5 have you tried? What did you like / not like about the others?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I am so grateful for your help. I put NuSense back on for now...gonna play with it more...any knowledge of other barebones roms that run fast?

I checked out a barebones Sense ROM today called Clean ROM 1.0. Pretty quick with no bloat, but doesn't have many customization options. It seemed to work well, but I'd have to give it more run to say for sure.

OhioG

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
One of the weird kinks to the GPS is this. When you go to an AOSP ROM, you have to make sure you have a GPS lock before you boot into recovery. If you forget, just flash the agps patch or if that doesnt work flash a Sense ROM, get a GPS lock, reboot into recovery, do the wipe stuff and flash an AOSP ROM.

By GPS lock, I mean just go into maps and use the navigation feature. If it finds your location using that, then go into recovery.

Also I recommend Jesters ICS. It is still the best right now.

CunningStunt

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Which 5 have you tried? What did you like / not like about the others?

LS 3.2 is the best one ive tried so far. 3.0 was short lived...dont remember why. ThunderShed 1.6 i think was one i tried came with waaay to much bloat of its own...its own market place and stuff and widget trials...i didnt like it at all.

NuSense had no overclocking feature, even with SetCPU...so that had to go quickly cus it was slooow.

What I like about LS 3.2 is i can customize almost everything it seems like and its blazing fast if you mess with the right settings...I am a huge fan of when I click Messages...messages pull up without delay lol...I have CPU at like 386 min and 159X max...its awesome........I wish my 4g/3g would just work more consistently.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
ThunderShed comes with Go Launcher and I don't like it either. The good news is you can install any Launcher you want and use it instead.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc