Pimp My ROM.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I just finished loading it up on top of ThunderShed, and if it does what it says, I think everyone will want to flash it on top of their ROM. Honestly, I don't know anything about some of the things it claims to do, but I'll be researching tonight to learn about the features. However, some of the things are obvious, and I'm looking forward to see if I notice the difference. Here are a few of the things we can all appreciate:

- Faster internet browsing
- Better Battery consumption
- Improve multitasking by tweaking system task-killer
- Use Adblock hosts to block in-app advertising
- Improve External sdcard I/O performances
- Better jpg image quality
- Better camera recording quality
- Lock launcher in memory
- Battery savings
- Faster scrolling
- Better touch responsiveness
- Faster browsing and download speed
- Reduce dialing time
- Misc 3G tweaks
- Deeper sleep
- Reduce black-screen time of proximity sensor after a call
- Smoother video streaming
- Faster wifi connect/disconnect
- Overall smoothness improvements
- Increase the size of VM heap

And there are a bunch of other things it can do to optimize any ROM. I'm going to use it all weekend, and then I'll report back to give my impressions of it. I'd love it if others gave it a shot also so I could get their feedback.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
All I can say is wow!
I'm pretty hyped up just from reading all the tweaks on the site.
These developers are amazing with the things they create!
I've posted here to follow and find out feedback from others installing this, I'm really curious to find out how well it runs. Cool name for this flash too hehe, amazing how they made it flashable on almost everything.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I have it installed on my phone, and I've had no problems. However, Viper installed it on his phone and shortly after, his phone wouldn't even turn back on. I don't know enough to know for certain that Pimp My Rom caused it, but I just wanted to let everyone know so they tread lightly.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
yes, i dont know for sure either if this cause my problems or if i did something(all i did was clear data and cache). ive got a new bolt on the way.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Here are some quick returns from using PMR. I chose the following mods:

- Faster internet browsing - (It might be my imagination, but pages did seem to load just a little faster. I especially noticed it with AC's forum pages which, since the new forum software was installed, has been extremely slow to load on my phone.)
- Better Battery consumption - On the extended battery, I'm at 60% after 10 hours, 18 minutes with moderate use, including internet, gaming, a few texts, a few calls, and random other stuff. Plus, one thing I noticed was this morning at church where there is no cell or data signal, my phone normally drops about 12% in a little over an hour, today it only droppped 2%.
- Improve multitasking by tweaking system task-killer - Haven't been able to tell a difference yet.
- Use Adblock hosts to block in-app advertising - it worked it the few free games I played today that normally have them.
- Better jpg image quality - Haven't noticed a difference.
- Faster scrolling - I already have my Launcher set to superfast scrolling, so I'm not sure I'll ever notice a difference.
- Better touch responsiveness - Can't tell a difference, but I've never had a problem with my touchscreen.
- Faster browsing and download speed - yep.
- Reduce dialing time - Not sure. I'll have a better idea tomorrow when I'm back on my phone more often.
- Deeper sleep - Maybe this explains why I didn't lose at much battery at church?
- Faster wifi connect/disconnect - It seems to be the same as always.
- Overall smoothness improvements - Thundershed has always been very smooth, so I couldn't tell.

I'm going to keep using it for now, and I'll report back again after a few days' use during the work week. Anyone else given it a go?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
^^^ Thanks for the feedback!
Your report back is interesting.
I guess the most important for me being on NuSense (still on 6.4) is mainly battery.
I'm still testing it out and still really like it since the combo radio seems to be working great, which means I don't get any hiccups when tethering to my tab, and unlike before when 3g/4G were up and down a lot... I knew it wasn't my phone and am happy I didn't replace for a refurbished or any rezound etc.
So far I'm at "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of mentality.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
yes, i dont know for sure either if this cause my problems or if i did something(all i did was clear data and cache). ive got a new bolt on the way.

Sucks to hear you have to go through that.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Update.

Again today I've noticed improved battery life, even though I was listening to podcasts, and making quite a few calls. However, I noticed that my phone didn't ring this afternoon when receiving a call. I happened to be on the internet at the time, and I saw the call come in, but the phone never rang. I'm going to reload PMR tonight, not add any dialer or phone mods, and see if it does it again tomorrow. If it does, I'll have to move on from it. This is my business phone, and I can't afford to miss calls. I will let you know.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
do you have a list of android phones that this rom will (might?) install to?

Accordong to the Dev:

- Asus Infinity (TF700)

- Google-Asus Nexus 7 (Grouper)

- HTC Amaze (codename ?)

- HTC Desire S (S510E)

- HTC Desire Z (codename ?)

- HTC Evo 4G (Supersonic)

- HTC Explorer (A310e)

- HTC Incredible S (S710e)

- HTC MyTouch 4G Slide (codename ?)

- HTC Thunderbolt (ADR6400L)

- HTC Tattoo (Click)

- HTC Vision (T-mobile G2)

- Huawei Ascend (g300)

- LG G2x (P999 DW)

- LG optimus one (P500)

- LG Optimus 3D (P920)

- LG Optimistic V (VM670)

- Motorola Bravo (MB520)

- Motorola Defy (codename?)

- Motorola Droid X (MB810)

- Motorola Droid 2 (DW2E)

- Motorola Photon Q (codename ?)

- Motorola Triumph (Virgin Mobile model)

- Samsung Galaxy Nexus (i9250)

- Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Verizon)

- Samsung Nexus S (i9020)

- Samsung Nexus S (SCLCD - i9023)

- Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000)

- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8000)

- Samsung Galaxy S (I9000)

- Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100)

- Samsung Galaxy S2 (T-Mobile T989)

- Samsung Galaxy S2 (AT&T i777)

- Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4g Touch (SPH-D710)

- Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300)

- Samsung Galaxy S3 (ATT 1747)

- Samsung Galaxy S3 (T-Mobile)

- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 - 7.0 (P3100)

- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 3G (P6800)

- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Wifi (P6810)

- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Verizon (i815)

- Sony Live with Walkman (WT19)

- Sony Xperia Arc S (LT18i)

- Sony Xperia Mini (ST15i)

- Sony Xperia Neo (codename ?)

- Sony Xperia Play (R800i)

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
i will try it too

I may check this out.

Cool. Glad to hear that a couple of others are going to give it a go. Let me know what you guys think after you've used it for a few days.

UPDATE: A couple of days ago I reported that I had an issue with the phone not ringing, but I realized yesterday that it might have been my fault and not Pimp My Rom's. I've been messing around with Atooma, and I might have made a mistake with one of my programs to turn my ringer off from 12-6 am. I may not have, but I'm not sure cause I'm still learning how to use Atooma. In any case, I've reactivated the mods related to the phone to see what happens. Sorry for the confusion and my potential stupidity. On another note, after a solid day of use (phone calls, 4 hours of Adam Carolla podcasts, playing games, internet, and a little gps use), I finished the day at 46%, which I think is pretty good. The only negative thing I've noticed since I started using this is that a few times, the phone has hung for about 5-8 seconds. It's happened 3 times that I can remember, and I don't think there was a commonality between the instances. I can say that I never had this happen on Tshed before I loaded up PMR, so I'll keep an eye on it.

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
This thing sounds like the "magic health" tonic from 60 years ago that would cure any common ailment lol. Sorry to sound skeptical, kinda my nature.

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Try the latest version of Nusense 7.6 because santod has improved battery performance.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
This thing sounds like the "magic health" tonic from 60 years ago that would cure any common ailment lol. Sorry to sound skeptical, kinda my nature.

I don't blame you for being skeptical. I'm using it and I'm still skeptical which is why I'd like other people to try it so I can get their feedback on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12