thunderbolt boot loop out of nowhere. cannot use my phone

Paul Thorpe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
so 4 days ago i was listening to music via my phone. it was plugged into an aux port in my home stereo and plugged into the charger as well.

i unplugged the phone from the charger and it shut off. it then would not boot past the htc splash screen. it has made it all the way on 3 times since, but literally will sit and reboot until it dies. it hs been two days since it last made it past the splash screen.

whenever i try to go into recovery or restore it just continues to boot loop.

i have thought about what to do including installing a new rom, etc. but every solution i can come up with requires the phone at least be on and plugged into the computer.

does anyone know a solution, i am competent and all i need is general advise i can research the rest. just keep in mind i cannot get the phone on, and that nothing in the recovery menu works.

thanks

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps the problem is on the SD card? Have you pulled the SD card and looked at the files using your computer?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Paul Thorpe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
i can assure you all common sense things have been tried. if i could get it to turn on i will be rooting and installing a custom rom. i just cant get it there.

what kind of files would i bee looking for to cause a problem such as this to a completely unmodified thunderbolt?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So, you're not rooted? I'm not trying to be difficult, it's just that you posted this in the Rooting section, so I need to be sure.

If you're not rooted, have pulled the sd out, pulled the battery, pulled the sim, let sit, and then put the sim and battery back in (leaving the sd out for now) with no good result, then I think you need to call Verizon and tell them that your phone has died. It's hard to guess at what might have gone wrong, but if you can't get it to boot, then it's time for another phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae