Problematic Radio..Suggestions

dccapo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I am currently rooted, and using Liquid ICSv1.5 MR3... and the rom itself is great. However, since rooting, I had noticed a slight drop off in radio performance. Meaning... I'm not getting as good of a processing rate (I'm not the most technical guy...so pardon me if my jargon isn't up to speed) as I was before, and the radio signal would occasionally drop out. It wasn't that big of a deal and I worked around it, but as of recent (within the last week or so), I've been averaging somewhere between 4-5 times a day, that my radio shuts off, and I find myself having to use the LTE On/Off to turn it back on. As you can imagine, this is somewhat problematic, especially since it'll do that without any notice. Meaning, it could be off for an hour and I wouldn't know it, unless I checked my phone. I've tried rebooting, and that hasn't helped.

My question: I've read that different radios respond differently to different roms and different phones. I would like to try one or two more radios, to see if A.) I can get a better processing rate, and B.) it can solve the problem of the radio signal dropping. I am currently using: Baseband version - 1.49.00.0406w_1, 0.01.79.0331w_1

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what/ which radios I might try... and if so, where I could find them???

lethalinjectionj

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I would try the leaked ics radios or the .19 radios. Both can be found on infectedrom.com. look for the sense 3.6 post

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Android Central Forums

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
although .19 radios always worked fine for me on that rom. when i started getting data drops, i realized it was my extended battery door. the data drops went away when i switched to my reg battery

dccapo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thank all of you for your replies. I've decided to give the combo radios a shot. So far, I've only noticed one data drop, but I gave it a few moments to see if it would come back by itself, and it did. So, I'll give this a shot and see how it works.

The ROM itself is a lot smoother than the software I had prior to rooting, but I'm still trying to educate myself on why the radios (processing speed) are nowhere near as good or as sturdy.

sent via Nook Color CM9

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908