I haven't seen any articles on any sites since the latest update. Does that mean HTC beat the modders and Thunderbolt is no longer able to be rooted?
    05-02-2013 04:04 AM
    I wouldn't say that htc beat the modders, I'd say most the modders/developers have moved on to newer phones most likely.

Though the phone is still rootable even with the newest update.
    The only thing that's changed is the process.
    Check out Lt. Belspur's thread in the infected community forums.
    He explains step by step how to get it done.
    Main difference now is that you have to unlock the bootloader through the htc site, whereas in past it was done via exploits by the developers.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    05-02-2013 08:05 AM
    Doesn't unlocking the bootloader wipe everything? To me that's like beating an encrypted drive by formatting it: it works but the end result is messy. I guess if no one can do it without that extreme measure I'll just leave it alone.

Oh and that site's extremely lame: you can't read anything there unless you register! I f'ing HATE websites that do that. It's a huge ******** move so they can spam you. So what I usually do is use a temp email address fill out all the wrong information, get what I want then never go back.
    05-02-2013 12:17 PM
    Oh and that site's extremely lame: you can't read anything there unless you register! I f'ing HATE websites that do that. It's a huge ******** move so they can spam you. So what I usually do is use a temp email address fill out all the wrong information, get what I want then never go back.
    I'll be honest I get zero spam from them and like the community there too. And at one time, you would be able to read without signing up, though, they (mainly the rom developers) have made it sign up mainly due to kanging from outsiders who call themselves developers who take the rom, change the credits to their own and post it on another forum as if it's their rom, of course all without the consent of the original developer(s).

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    quickdraw86 likes this.
    05-02-2013 01:05 PM
    It's not impossible. There's very few devs who are using this phone. Everyone moved on a long time ago. This phone came out 27 mos ago... Sadly everyone is gone.

The only way to root is to follow trter10's new all in one tool that was posted on xda. It's not a flawless method, but it worked for me
    05-15-2013 12:24 PM