update my htc thunderbolt

xyz17900

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Folks,

I have a thunderbolt which is on Pageplus. Since I am not a verizon customer, i can't receive their OTA update. The device still runs on Android 2.3. I would really like to upgrade it. The phone currrently not rooted, but I can learn how to if upgrade needs a rooted device. I really need a detailed step by step intruction how to.

Thanks a lot,

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Folks,

I have a thunderbolt which is on Pageplus. Since I am not a verizon customer, i can't receive their OTA update. The device still runs on Android 2.3. I would really like to upgrade it. The phone currrently not rooted, but I can learn how to if upgrade needs a rooted device. I really need a detailed step by step intruction how to.

Thanks a lot,
Here you go: Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

There are a lot of resources related to rooting the HTC Thunderbolt in there. As for updating, if there are ROMs available for installation, you can simply make a backup of your current ROM through the Recovery and flash the new version.

Let us know if you have any questions.

xyz17900

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Thank you, but as I am very new in this field, don't really want to brick the phone. i am really looking for advice what needs to be done here. any specific advice you can give? thanks a lot!