First Thunderbolt Custom ROM?

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Er, why are some of you hoping for the Desire Z ports??

The only purpose of those ports was to get the new Sense 2.0... which this phone already comes out of the box with

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You got my hopes up, I thought someone had created one and this was it. I hope it won't be too log given the Desire HD work already done.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I hate one click root methods with all the bad things that can come from rooting in believe people should at least get a basic knowledge of adb etc and one click root isn't it

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I hate one click root methods with all the bad things that can come from rooting in believe people should at least get a basic knowledge of adb etc and one click root isn't it

I agree here. I only had a month with my Fascinate before I returned it to wait for the TBolt, but I was much more satisfied with my root permissions once I did it manually. All it takes is a little time and a little research.

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I believe this is an appropriate thread for my question... (The Thunderbolt will be my first android device). Custom roms will remove all the features that Sense 2.0 adds, right?

I'm just starting to wrap my head around rooting, custom roms, etc. While custom roms are very appealing to me, it sounds like I'd be losing out on the customizations that HTC make... or am I misunderstanding how that works? Or do/will the rom makers add these features in themselves?

Thanks for the info!

Dr3amville

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I believe this is an appropriate thread for my question... (The Thunderbolt will be my first android device). Custom roms will remove all the features that Sense 2.0 adds, right?

I'm just starting to wrap my head around rooting, custom roms, etc. While custom roms are very appealing to me, it sounds like I'd be losing out on the customizations that HTC make... or am I misunderstanding how that works? Or do/will the rom makers add these features in themselves?

Thanks for the info!

Only vanilla roms will erase Sense, pure android. Developers create custom roms to modify stock roms, from easing bloatware garbage, optimize your phone, and do add pretty much anything they like to it.

Custom roms allows you to update your phone frequently faster, gives you better performance, and install future android roms.

Haso17

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i like the look of CM6 (mainly because i love Vanilla) but i've heard some bad things about unrEVOked. I definitely don't want to be messing up my first Android device, anyone know any of the problems surrounding unrEVOked?

Last edited:

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't put a vanilla ROM on a phone with sense 2.0

sounds like a waste of time

/agree

While CM looks like it has some really nice features, it'd be at the expense of some other really nice features. I'm hoping they'll be something that combines the best of both worlds. Despite my normal inclination to heavily customize my devices, at the moment I don't think I will be.

dtboos

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't put a vanilla ROM on a phone with sense 2.0

sounds like a waste of time

It all comes down to preference. I really like vanilla + whatever launcher / custom dialers ect I like. Basically piecing together my ideal UI. I prefer it over the built in Sense UI even though I'd take Sense over blur any day.

Haso17

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I think it really comes down to what you like. I've played around with phones that have vanilla and I really like them, but in any case I could like sense better. I think my overall question is really what is the deal with unrEVOked?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan