[Kernel]1.12.605.9 kernel with adb root

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
This is a stock kernel, except that adb root is permanent.

Removes the need for psneuter if you lose root access for whatever reason.

Flash via fastboot, cwr appears to still not work on kernels.

fastboot flash boot boot.img

boot.img

Last edited:

jokerls240

Nov 10, 2009
www.facebook.com
Sorry what is cwr?

Clockwork Recovery (AKA "ROM Manager" in the market). It allows you to download zipped ROMs to your SD card and then install them all from one app on the phone. The "Recovery" part is a different type of recovery (flashing) method other than stock (fastboot).

Guntherm

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Clockwork Recovery (AKA "ROM Manager" in the market). It allows you to download zipped ROMs to your SD card and then install them all from one app on the phone. The "Recovery" part is a different type of recovery (flashing) method other than stock (fastboot).

LOl. Thank you for answering. Only thing I could understand is Clockwork Recovery.. the rest reminds of of Charlie's Brown's teacher.. wah, wah, wah.. LOL

I am just tryign to get the SDK and adb install. It installed, but refuses to see adb... I am no newbie to editing paths and command lines... arghh..

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site

He probably knows that, but the abbreviation "CWR" kind of throws you off. I know it more colloquially as "Koushik Dutta is God!" Recovery.

Last edited:

jokerls240

Nov 10, 2009
www.facebook.com
LOl. Thank you for answering. Only thing I could understand is Clockwork Recovery.. the rest reminds of of Charlie's Brown's teacher.. wah, wah, wah.. LOL

I am just tryign to get the SDK and adb install. It installed, but refuses to see adb... I am no newbie to editing paths and command lines... arghh..

Anytime. :)

So you've added the location of adb.exe to your system path variable (assuming Windows here)?

jokerls240

Nov 10, 2009
www.facebook.com
Sorry for the confusion, Guntherm. It's just most of the instructions provided are assuming that everyone is familiar with CWR, ROM flashing, and such. No offense to the chefs. You guys are going great work, and it's understandable if you don't want to repeat prerequisites that have been previously posted in the forums. ;)

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
What is the date on this kernel? Any advantages to this over the one included in the debloated rom post. Not having any superuser problems on that kernel (knock on wood), just wanted to know if there are any differences.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

marcogiudice79

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
ok why does it keep saying image not found? i d/l boot.img from link put on root of sd card and and booted into hboot/fastboot and wait a sec and it said no image found ??????????? can someone please help or be more detailed with your op

jokerls240

Nov 10, 2009
www.facebook.com
The boot.img file should be stored in a folder on your computer. Then from the command line, switch to that folder and flash the kernel.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

marcogiudice79

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
oh ok i see.. but now in adb it just hangs saying waiting for devices after i type in the command (fastboot flash boot boot.img )
any other ideas now or what am i do wrong?

marcogiudice79

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
ok i figured it out i had to manual put the phone into bootloader and type in that command from my cmd and saw that the file was pushed correctly, but now the kernel # didnt change... what now??????
btw coming from og droid
htc phones and their recovery system are alittle confusing if not explained correctly... so thank you for your patience

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane