Thunderbolt z4 root?

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
What are the odds of us seeing a root method like z4 any time soon?

Or is this new method like that? Is adb like rsd?

Sent from my tbolt using my fingers.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
z4root will most likely never be able to root any new HTC device. Let me rephrase that, it will most likely never enable permanent root on an HTC device. I think I remember seeing that it can root HTC devices but once you reboot the device becomes un-rooted again. The reason behind this is because you need to turn S-off in order to obtain permanent root.

If z4root could temporarily root the Thunderbolt, I don't think it is capable of doing so as of right now either.

Reactions: zero neck

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I did try it just to see if it works. And...no. no workie. It went through the process of acquiring adb shell but the app reset itself and the TBolt didn't reboot in a successful attempt. There is a one click root available on the XDA forums. Look for the easy root thread in the roms/hacks section

TBolt meatclaws via talkatap

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Just tried it also.... 5 times for perm root and 3 times for temp root before I gave up. Even tried uninstalling and reinstalling... actually I had to uninstall a few times because it froze on me :)

On perm root: Got to "aquiring root shell" once, and the rest of the tries I couldn't get past "running exploit in order to obtain root access".

On temp root: It would go past "running exploit in order to obtain root access" and then stop at "aquiring root shell".

Oh well....I tried.

EDIT: I highly recommend not trying to put Z4 on your phone. I just got hit with "The black screen of death" and ended up having to boot into recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: zero neck