[KERNEL][5.10.11][2.6.32.21] Kernels from Adrynalyne (Now on Kernel Manager!)

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay now here's my question, I see the kernel is running, but I see the phone a bit slow, do I mess with the cpu settings?

And If I do, what should I set it to, for normal speed, and good battery? Do I set them in the das bamf toolkit or in set cpu?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Okay now here's my question, I see the kernel is running, but I see the phone a bit slow, do I mess with the cpu settings?

And If I do, what should I set it to, for normal speed, and good battery? Do I set them in the das bamf toolkit or in set cpu?

Give it five to ten minutes. I find that my phone is usually a little sluggish after a restart. If good battery life is your priority don't overclock. Set 245 min and 1 gHz max and try the ondemand governor. The toolkit is more straightforward so I suggest using that. Setcpu has more options but that can wait until you want more precise control and more options.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I reboot after every change to cpu?

Clicking apply should do the trick. You probably don't need to make any changes to get the settings I suggested. I believe those are the defaults for the kernel. The current settings are displayed on the right side of the CPU settings section of the toolkit.

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
okay everything is good now, so I'll just let it run and let's see how this goes.

I had good battery before the root, but after I rooted, it's like the battery farted and forget all those good times :)

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
idling still loosing battery a lot

The kernel might not work as well as others on your device. Give it a day or so and switch back if you get better results with a previous release/ or a different kernel. You don't have to use the newest if it doesnt suit your phone.

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
New to all of this, but first post says 4.4.7 is in Kernal Manager, so I bought it since I didn't see it in the lite version. Not there either and do not know how to install to SD Card etc... I am running bamf remix 1.6 downloaded from Rom Manager.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
New to all of this, but first post says 4.4.7 is in Kernal Manager, so I bought it since I didn't see it in the lite version. Not there either and do not know how to install to SD Card etc... I am running bamf remix 1.6 downloaded from Rom Manager.

The dl link is in the op of this thread. Download the file either onto your cpu and then move it to your sd card, or download with your phone and it will go to download folder on your sd card.
Boot into recovery mode, wipe cache partition and dalvik cache, then select install zip from sd card - choose zip from sd card - navigate to wear the kernel zip file is and select it

btw, you navigate in recovery mode with volume keys, and select by pressing home key.

Reactions: HoosierRealtor

Chillerman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

None of them from Adrynalyne are listed now except stock.

ilovesoad

May 2, 2011
Visit site
My battery life tanked with 4.4.7, so im trying leankernal before i probably eventually revert to 4.4.5, which i had great success with.

Chillerman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I took all the kernels off until the dev fixes kernel manager. It was making me look bad, and not even my fault.

No worries, love your kernels and roms. I never thought it was your fault, just something to do with KM. Besides, downloading them and flashing them is pretty darn easy regardless. You are just releasing them too fast to keep up with!

Last edited:
Reactions: NotJustAPhone

ilovesoad

May 2, 2011
Visit site
It tanked more likely to signal than anything else.

battery life doesn't always count on the kernel.

i was on the previous for a few days, was great, and very snappy. not sure how i feel about the overclocked kernel, will most likely switch back because it was perfect before.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
i was on the previous for a few days, was great, and very snappy. not sure how i feel about the overclocked kernel, will most likely switch back because it was perfect before.

The kernel defaults to the stock clock speed of 1st ghas a maximum. I won't overclock unless you change your settings.

Smittyn804

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
After reading through this thread I decided to add the Kernel. Happy to hear about battery reports and wanted to try adding something to my phone that I have yet to do. Just for learning and what not. Im charging my battery now so I can run my own test. I cleared data and dalvik cache but was curious there was any advantage had I cleared the battery stats. Another question I have is if I flashed this kernel is it upgrading my BAMF 1.6.2 to 1.6.3 (as I see it is included in the new release after flashing the kernel) or are they two different versions? Thanks for any help answering my questions just so much to learn.

Reactions: SF DINC

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Flashing the kernel won't upgrade your rom.

If you flash 163 it will include the new 447 kernel tho.

Erasing battery stats is usually recommended to be done with 100 percent charge, then allow full drain and full recharge afterwards (recommended but not necessary).

Reactions: Smittyn804

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze