After root, can't do much in recovery screen...

TeckSupport05

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Since I rooted, I can't even do anything in the fastboot screen. I have

BOOTLOADER
REBOOt
REBOOT BOOTLOADER
POWER DOWN

inside Bootloader I get

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACRORY RESET
SIMLOCK
HBOOT USB
IMAGE CRC

I just want to back up my rom and install a new one, because its running an old version of sense, and my WiFi is off, and so is my location

ANY help will be appreciated

EDIT- I think its looking for PG05IMG.zip but when I have that in there, it will just redo the installation and unroot me

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
then u haven't flashed ur recovery,, reboot the phone go into rom manager (the app) and click on flash clockwork recovery select ur device and wait for it to say successful

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
In Rom Manager, hit the menu button and choose Clear Download Cache. Then go into the settings and check Erase Recovery. Then select Flash Clockworkmod Recovery again. When that's done, hit Reboot into Recovery and see if it does anything. There was another user that had Fast boot under Power in Settings checked which seemed to cause his issue.

TeckSupport05

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Ive also tried the option without fastboot, which helped the data issue a little, at times, but not completely, but still no boot in recovery. It just flashes the HTC screen, then back to HBOOT

meballard

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Did you move ROM Manager onto the SD card instead of local storage? I was encountering a similar problem on my EVO yesterday, and found out that if ROM Manager was stored on SD (I had moved it using Titanium Backup), I didn't get the extra options, but if it was stored locally, it worked fine.

TeckSupport05

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you move ROM Manager onto the SD card instead of local storage? I was encountering a similar problem on my EVO yesterday, and found out that if ROM Manager was stored on SD (I had moved it using Titanium Backup), I didn't get the extra options, but if it was stored locally, it worked fine.

Didn't try that, but a lot of things werent working correctly, I guess I must've made a mistake somewhere during the root process. I'm back to stock for now and going to re-root again. Thanks for the help!