I need help, I think I broke it

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well I rooted via the instructions posted in the sticky thread by Cory. All seemed well. I then decided to remove some of the bloat per the other sticky thread. Well immediately after the Market would not open. It would just immediately close without any errors. I also could not add a google account through the initial setup wizard. I just got the error " the application setup( com.htc.android.htcsetupwizard) has stopped unexpectantly". I tried rebooting and also a factory reset but now I have no apps and no way of getting more.

Is there any way I just can return to stock? All I want to do is get the phone back to pre root or pre bloatware removal.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I want to try removing the bloat again but I'm afraid to have another issue.

Is there any way I can download something that will do an entire backup of my system, settings, apps, etc? That way if I start having issues I can just select that backup and reinstall how it was before? I've heard the term nandroid thrown around, is this what I want? How do I do it on the thunderbolt?

Last edited:

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Download Rom manager if you don't have it already and open it and select backup rom. Or you can boot into recovery and select backup and restore menu and the select backup. Doing either will back up you entire system settings and apps. I would recommend doing backups before you do any modification to be safe.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: Forgetful

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
You can also download titanium backup to backup your apps. Easy to restore it. All the rooted cool kids use it =)

Sent From My Xoom or Thunderbolt, pick one

Reactions: Forgetful

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Awesome thanks guys. Done both actually. I'm more or less debloated I think.
Now I just need a fun thing to do now that im rooted. I'd love a CM7 ROM since I've heard so much about them on the Inc.