Want to root, but UGH, don't want to start over...

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
So I'm not new to rooting, my OGD was rooted to the teeth. But let me tell you, the rooting isn't whats making me hesitate, its having to start over with all my apps, setting, saves, things like that. I know some will be fine, but is there anyway to do a backup of these files yet on stock that will transfer to root??... I heard something about the Google cloud backup only working, sometimes... If at all...

But I want all my root access, I want the bloat GONE, I want things like HTCsence.com support, and overclocking... I know I'm just being lazy, but its almost not worth it to me just yet... (That sounded crazy while I typed it!!)

//end rant

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I was in the same boat you are, but just decided to throw caution to the wind and go for it. I had 3 stars completely done on Angry Birds Rio, and I lost my SMS history, but I can deal with it. Depending on what you've done so far, you won't have that much to get back. We've all only had this phone for no more than 2 1/2 weeks, how much customizing could you have done already? :)

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
For stock to root??... Hadn't seen any, must have missed them... I've only come across rom to rom with Titanium backup, or "after root" backup. Only thing I came across that was close was someone saying the Google sync backup sometimes works, but not to rely on it.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
For stock to root??... Hadn't seen any, must have missed them... I've only come across rom to rom with Titanium backup, or "after root" backup. Only thing I came across that was close was someone saying the Google sync backup sometimes works, but not to rely on it.

The closest you will get is Mybackup pro it can be used without root if purchased

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I used zemna app list (saves your apps but not data and links them to market if you want to restore the app afterwards), but i didn't care about losing games data or anything like that.

And if you plan to flash roms you're going to lose most of your stuff anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11