Anyone try CM7 pre alpha yet?

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have notice in recovery mode it always states their is a update zip but don't know if it's on the phone or on either one my sd cards. Also in boot loader mode tends flash showing me in green lettering like when your phone is checking software in boot loader mode. However it just for fraction of second like it does not complete whatever check it is doing? To make things worse I can not get back to CM7 just stays on HTC White screen unless on battery pull and manually go into boot loader. Wow one minor problem turns into a major problem.

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Got it running now. Is amazing. Data is working fine including the blazing fast 4G LTE. Only problem I've encountered is that the mics are reversed so talking on the phone is next to impossible and when listening to music thru headphones, only the left headphone will work. Oh also gps is basically destroyed.

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Bunique are you still having trouble syncing your google account?

Do you use 2-step verification through google? If so, you'll need to regenerate a password to associate with your Android phone via google.

If not then I'm not sure... :p

As for everyone else:

This mod is pretty amazing, even in its infancy stages. Everything is very crisp, fast, and clean. There is alot of customization to be had. I didn't keep it around to play with very long since this is my first Droid phone and I was already so used to my BAMF setup that I just went ahead and returned to BAMF ;) however I did like what I was seeing. A TON of customization to be done here. Just LOTS of options.

SMS and Voice worked well.

4G isn't working yet but I was concerned with that because I don't get 4G in my area currently (doh!)

WIFI worked just fine. Connected to my home network no problem.

Looks very... grown up. De-Sensed is very interesting to look at. You can pretty much make it however the hell you want. Take that, HTC! ;)

Its very overwhelming at the beginning of installing a new ROM and entering into the OS and seeing everything fresh and bone dry stock. I had no idea what to do with myself. The user pages on the far right and far left were blank and I was like OMG FREE SPACE WHAT TO DO!!!

Didn't encounter any bugs although I didn't do that much testing.

All I must say is that if its running that smoothy in a PRE (Yes, PRE) Alpha build... then WOW. Can't wait to see the big guns.

This one is gonna be good ;)

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Stilled screwed!. Waiting to finish the stock firmware zip to computer than manually place in my sd card by clockwork recovery. Then hope my phone see the zip downloads it and I return to stock. I hope it works because it is either lose all my data or lose phone and much rather lose phone. I hope passing up the cmd method does not further complicate things. Damn you live and you learn!

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Stilled screwed!. Waiting to finish the stock firmware zip to computer than manually place in my sd card by clockwork recovery. Then hope my phone see the zip downloads it and I return to stock. I hope it works because it is either lose all my data or lose phone and much rather lose phone. I hope passing up the cmd method does not further complicate things. Damn you live and you learn!

Hope it works for you. Let me know if I can help. I'll try and walk you through best I can (I'm at work so I'm not always in front of computer) ;)

Reactions: bunique4life05

jlee123

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I had it running most of today. 4G was a no go where I'm at outside of Philly with 2-3 bars 4G in most areas. However some people on XDA who are actually in a 4G city, not on the outskirts claim it works just fine.

I actually restored back to Tesla not because of 4G (I don't travel much so I can use WiFi most of the time) but because of GPS. Wanted to go running this afternoon and realized Run Tracker Pro would be pretty much useless without GPS.

Still, a good start.

Jay

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I have now officially joined the brick club. I will be getting a new TBOLT by Monday. Minor user error turn into a catastrophe destruction.

• Recap
  • Download CM7
  • Running CM7
  • First problem could not Sync to gmail.com server(Auto Sync Google Account)
  • Minor Issue
  • Reboot Device
  • Still could not sync
  • Recovery Mode
  • Clear User Data
  • Still could not Sync
  • Enter Recovery Mode
  • Again
  • Some time passes and I notice my SD Card will not mount to my TBOLT

Possibilities to why?
When Clearing User Data some how corrupt my sd card
Simply Rebooting Corrupt my SD Card
Wiping Cache and Delviwk Cache may have Corrupted the my SD Card

In end this is my fault as well perfect example of noobie going little bit over his head.(I wonder why I bought that insurance plan oh no my thunderbolt has been CRUSH TO NO REPAIR)

Trust me I was not thrilled to brick my TBolt nor on waiting on my second one to come. I far have more respect for Android/HTC software security yes I tripped S-OFF TO S-ON. (SECURITY WARNING HIGHLIGHTED ABOVE BY BOOTLOADER MODE) Any option I choose in boot loader mode takes me back to same screen as well can not power down the device.

And to answer the question will you root your second TBOLT yes will I flash cm7 pre-alpha....hell no. I will wait until I get it through the Rom Manger because I have bitten off more than I can chew already and will play it safe.

Last edited:

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Do you have a way (computer + micro sd card reader) to reformat your SD card or check to see if it's corrupted? If so you probably can take any available data off then reformat and reload the stock RUU which will more than likely fix your phone. If your phone still boots to Hboot then it's not completely bricked.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a way (computer + micro sd card reader) to reformat your SD card or check to see if it's corrupted? If so you probably can take any available data off then reformat and reload the stock RUU which will more than likely fix your phone. If your phone still boots to Hboot then it's not completely bricked.

S-OFF IS NOW S-ON and displays above bootloader screen "security warning" again does not allow me use any of the functions it just reboots back to same screen. I thought could override the program completely by reinstalling the PG05IMG.zip those I actually was using the downgrade version not the current version the phone is running on. This is way sort of speak "tripped" security. The software recognize that the software was older version than the current one(my mistake) and left the phone in current state. In theory if choose to reinstall the current PGO5IMG.zip like reinstalling windows I would lose my data but go back to stock. Well since I used the older verision of PGOIMG.zip by mistake.

Now back to what you where talking about at moment don't have a card reader but plan get one in couple of days. The stock ruu is another thing. Where can download the stock RUU?

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
S-OFF IS NOW S-ON and displays above bootloader screen "security warning" again does not allow me use any of the functions it just reboots back to same screen. I thought could override the program completely by reinstalling the PG05IMG.zip those I actually was using the downgrade version not the current version the phone is running on. This is way sort of speak "tripped" security. The software recognize that the software was older version than the current one(my mistake) and left the phone in current state. In theory if choose to reinstall the current PGO5IMG.zip like reinstalling windows I would lose my data but go back to stock. Well since I used the older verision of PGOIMG.zip by mistake.

Now back to what you where talking about at moment don't have a card reader but plan get one in couple of days. The stock ruu is another thing. Where can download the stock RUU?

Stock RUU should be available in the Root thread by Cory, it's the second PG0 file ~399MB.

eloverton2

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
CM7 THUNDERKANG - "I love the smell of KANG in the morning" Edition - IN CALL AUDIO WORKING! - ThunderBolt Releases - AllDroid Public Board

birdman posted this tweak on alldroid that fixed the in call audio for me. gps still has issues and at times the call audio has an echo (sometimes on my phone, sometimes on the person's im talking to) but overall its a great rom.

important note, i've finally got a rom with hid support and will bt link to 3 different bt keyboards i've tried (xoom bt keyboard, logitech bt desktop keyboard, ipad bt keyboard) whooo hoo. i can deal with the call audio issues until the RC comes out, bc to me having HID, and super smooth browsing/apps is worth it.

$.02
-elo

eloverton2

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
looking around, I saw that some of the 4g/3g issues were resolved upon flashing back to stock, then flashing the cm7 alpha. i restored my phone to stock from my first post root backup, then re-flashed the cm7 release from birdman linked above, and its working like a charm. GPS works (it just takes a minute to find your location) and echo on main mic is much better.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
This is really nit picky and in no way affects usablitiy, but is still funny. If you turn on 4G in the test1 build, the 4G indicator logo and the surrounding portion of the status bar looks like it was copied and pasted from sense.

Must not be a 4G indicator in aosp.

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well i decided to give cm7 the good ole try. Well i have been using it for no more than 5 hours. It is great! Hard to get used to? Sure. But not impossible. I dont live in a 4G area so the issue with it is non existent. I am able to do everything i could on bamf. With one exception i cannot get a random reboot. Which i consider a positive. Well im going to stay with it and see what comes next. Anyone recommend a kernel? I downloaded cm7 leankernel normal says its in beta. Im still on stock slayher kernel.

Sent from Tapatalk using my ThunderBolt

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084