just rooted my phone to das bamf... few issues

Kcoolby

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys

So I just rooted my phone and love it right now. I rooted to das bamf remit. However I know this Rom has taken out a lot of bloatware. I do use two that were removed backup assistant and visual visual voicemail. I did find an alternative to get my contact back but is rather use the voicemail app that came withe phone. Everytime I click on the voicemail app it brings me to the message folder but the voicemail tab is missing.

I've tries using titanium backup to backup the app from my restore. Flashing the Rom and restoring but the two apps are crosses out. So my question is if there is any way I can get both backup assistant and voicemail app back on the new Rom. If not which app for visual voicemail do you guys use?

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
+1 for Google Voice. Transcribes the message. Has a sexy stock voice for those that reach the voicemail (lol). Has a nice widget you can throw onto one of your homescreens. Did I mention it transcribes the message? And then it sends that as an email to you letting you know you missed a call from a certain number/person, shows the time, their message, etc... oh and it also TEXTS you that exact same thing. All while still showing up on the widget? Overkill? Maybe. But its damn well trying to inform you you missed a phone call. Dammit.

BTW messing with the transcriber is fun. I've had my brother call and say some not so appropriate things and it turns them into the weirdest messages. LOL.

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Another vote for Google Voice! The transcriptions bounce back and forth between sorta helpful and hilariously wrong, but it's definitely an essential app.

And then it sends that as an email to you letting you know you missed a call from a certain number/person, shows the time, their message, etc... oh and it also TEXTS you that exact same thing. All while still showing up on the widget? Overkill? Maybe. But its damn well trying to inform you you missed a phone call. Dammit.

Overkill indeed! I've only ever gotten the status bar notifications, lol. I just went into settings and saw the text option but.. you get an email too?! :confused: An option turned on from the site perhaps?

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Try running Ziggy's new kernels with it... battery life is great compared to the others.

I had 45% battery yesterday after 8 hours.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
How exactly do I load just the kernal? I thought BAMF's rom had a custom kernal in it too?

Sorry I'm a noob at this.

You put it on your sd card and flash in CWR just like you would a rom. But remember to clear the cache and dalvik cache first. Don't clear data.

Yes the rom came with a kernel but some like to run more undervolted or overclocked kernels.

Reactions: Kcoolby

Kcoolby

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I just flashed lean kernal 1.11 normal. Is there anything else I need to do? or are the settings already set and it's running? Do i need to change anything to better optimize the battery?

I love the new battery life on the new ROM, I can't wait to see how it works on with the new kernal.

You put it on your sd card and flash in CWR just like you would a rom. But remember to clear the cache and dalvik cache first. Don't clear data.

Yes the rom came with a kernel but some like to run more undervolted or overclocked kernels.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I just flashed lean kernal 1.11 normal. Is there anything else I need to do? or are the settings already set and it's running? Do i need to change anything to better optimize the battery?

I love the new battery life on the new ROM, I can't wait to see how it works on with the new kernal.

Leankernel is default set to ondemandx and top end at 1GHz. (I actually keep it at this)

If you want to overclock or set custom profiles you need to download an app like setcpu (free on XDA or paid in the market), or No-frills CPU Control (free on market), or CPU Master (Free in market).

Reactions: Kcoolby

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20