[ROM] [05.25.11] Das BAMF 1.7

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried out 1.7 Remix this afternoon and had issues with SwiftKey and SwiftKey Beta X. And also with market and a few other apps foreclosing on me. I uninstalled them and installed them and nothing. Back to 1.6.3 and I'm good, not sure what is up with 1.7 for me.

Force closes - try fix permissions in rom manager

Reactions: NotJustAPhone

tbns

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Newbie question - I downloaded dasBAMF 1.7 from the list of ROMs thread (though ROM manager says it's is version 1.6.3). I've read threads where SetCPU application is used to downgrade the processor speed when the phone is on standby to save battery life. In the dasBAMF application under CPU settings, there is a 'minimum' and 'maximum' speed. I assume raising the maximum would over clock the CPU; but is the 'minimum' the speed at which the phone will run when it's on standby? In other words, do I need to download setCPU to change the frequency during standby or is that already built-in to dasBAMF.

Thanks!

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Newbie question - I downloaded dasBAMF 1.7 from the list of ROMs thread (though ROM manager says it's is version 1.6.3). I've read threads where SetCPU application is used to downgrade the processor speed when the phone is on standby to save battery life. In the dasBAMF application under CPU settings, there is a 'minimum' and 'maximum' speed. I assume raising the maximum would over clock the CPU; but is the 'minimum' the speed at which the phone will run when it's on standby? In other words, do I need to download setCPU to change the frequency during standby or is that already built-in to dasBAMF.

Thanks!

The minimum is just the slowest speed setting that the cpu may use. So if you set 245 mhz as the min and 1 ghz as the max, the cpu can run at between those speeds even when the screen is off depending on what your phone is doing (there are two other speed settings between 245 MHz and 1 GHz if you're using the das BAMF kernel).

Setcpu provides more control over your cpu speeds by allowing you to create profiles that are active under certain conditions. For example, you can create a profile with a min/max CPU speed of 245 MHz whenever the screen is off. This would keep your CPU at a constant speed of 245 MHz whenever the screen is off.

Last edited:
Reactions: zero neck

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Force closes - try fix permissions in rom manager

Yup, I kept getting foreclosures on both Swiftkey apps. Also got it for Contract Killer app, as soon as phone booted up it got Contract Killer foreclosure pop up window. Market also locked up and crashed. I'll try what you said, if I feel like trying 1.7 again. Thanks.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I kept getting foreclosures on both Swiftkey apps. Also got it for Contract Killer app, as soon as phone booted up it got Contract Killer foreclosure pop up window. Market also locked up and crashed. I'll try what you said, if I feel like trying 1.7 again. Thanks.

Also make sure you wipe data, cache and dalvik before flashing a new rom (unless you are simply updating a rom, for instance, going from das bamf 1.6 to 1.6.1, then you can most often just clear cache and dalvik).

You can wipe the data, cache, and dalvik 2 or 3 times just to be sure it's all gone.

Not clearing these things is 99 percent of the time the cause of problems like you are experiencing.

If you do that stuff and you still get fc's, you should try fixing permissions in rom manager.

dont forget to backup

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Also make sure you wipe data, cache and dalvik before flashing a new rom (unless you are simply updating a rom, for instance, going from das bamf 1.6 to 1.6.1, then you can most often just clear cache and dalvik).

You can wipe the data, cache, and dalvik 2 or 3 times just to be sure it's all gone.

Not clearing these things is 99 percent of the time the cause of problems like you are experiencing.

If you do that stuff and you still get fc's, you should try fixing permissions in rom manager.

dont forget to backup

So yesterday I flashed Stripped 1.7. Loved it, but couldn't stand the blurry contact photos that resulted from not having FB for Sense. Flashed Remix 1.7 this morning and had the same FC issue - SwiftKey X, Super Manager and Lookout were FCing nonstop. First time I've had that happen. Rebooted into recovery and fixed permissions but it didn't help. I ended up having to uninstall/reinstall those three apps and now they're fine.

I always wipe data and both caches before flashing a ROM. Should I get into the habit of wiping multiple times like you suggested? Or is there any chance it could be caused by something else?

Boggus

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok coming from 2.0 beta 5 and switching back to bamf 1.7. Downloaded the zip of 1.7 and the radio PG05img.zip files to my sdcard. Flashed the 1.7 via recovery and when I try to flash the pg50 file it starts then says aborted. The phone reboots but I can't make calls, no service.

Help!

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, i only wipe twice or three times if i encounter problems after a flash. Some people always wipe 2+ times just to be on the safe side.

It doesnt hurt to wipe more than once so if you find it helps or saves you time in the long run, you could do it regularly. I'm just lazy so i only do it if i have to.

Not sure if the rom is to blame, per se, it might just be the versions of those apps or their compatability, but I think since you uninstalled the apps and reinstalled them, and they're fine now, it's not really a problem.

Reactions: Rem

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok coming from 2.0 beta 5 and switching back to bamf 1.7. Downloaded the zip of 1.7 and the radio PG05img.zip files to my sdcard. Flashed the 1.7 via recovery and when I try to flash the pg50 file it starts then says aborted. The phone reboots but I can't make calls, no service.

Help!
Do you have a backup you can restore? Do so first.

Delete the current pg05img from your card.

Try downloading the radio again, check the md5 to make sure the file is not corrupted, reload onto root of sd card, and try to flash the radio again.

Make sure you press volume up to accept the installation of the radio.

Reboot, then load into recovery, wipe everything, and flash 1.7

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Help!

Did you check the md5 checksum of the radio file to make sure it downloaded correctly? Also, I assume your're flashing the radio in hboot?

Last edited:

Boggus

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Boot can't find it. Just to make sure I just need to download the radio file to my sd card root, not in the download file, correct? I am downloading the radio file again as I type this. Will try again shortly. I'm switching out of 2.0 because Pandora is real slow and a few other nick nack bugs.

How do I check the checksum of the radio?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Boot can't find it. Just to make sure I just need to download the radio file to my sd card root, not in the download file, correct? I am downloading the radio file again as I type this. Will try again shortly. I'm switching out of 2.0 because Pandora is real slow and a few other nick nack bugs.

are you downloading on a pc? make sure the file is named pg05img.zip when on your sd card and make sure your file extensions are not Hidden on your pc - bc then your file would be named pg05img.zip.zip and will not be found.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

How do I check the checksum of the radio?

there are numerous ways but you can get an app called hash check for android and check right on your phone

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Mo

Yes, PG05IMG.zip goes in the root directory of your SD card. Verify the checksum and flash in hboot. Good luck.

Last edited:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
fyi--
searched "hash check"---no results on the market
"hash droid" however does the same thing & has a nice UI

Hash Droid is the app I use on my phone. Download.com has a couple of free programs to check md5 checksums on your computer. You can also verify the checksum using adb, but I won't make this more complicated than necessary. :p

essercb

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Just installed 1.7 and still playing around to see if I can find any differences between 1.6.3. I was wondering though, if there was a way to go back to a 4 per row app drawer instead of 5. It looks a bit crowded in my opinion.

Thanks for any help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463