[ROM] [05.25.11] Das BAMF 1.7

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
The das BAMF team is comprised of Trident, ThatDudeButch, Adrynalyne, and dsb9938. Thats not to minimize how many folks actually contribute to this project. We thank you ALL.

Please bear with us through some growing pains, as this is a major release and the different versions have to be created for it (remix). We are making a new thread because there is so much information to give out.

Presenting... das BAMF 1.7!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshots:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Features of 1.6

• 1.13.605.7 base
  • Debloated, which includes vzw framework, apps, games, libs, and permissions.
  • Tweaked filesystem and minfree.
  • Zipaligned (just once, not every boot, sorry), and deodexed. Odex and deodex perform the same after the first boot, when deodex roms get....odexed. This is merely to save space in /system and make tweaking easier.
  • Added Google Car Home, removed HTC car app.
  • HTC Hub and htcsense.com are partially working.
  • Removed Stocks widget, and app. Google has better apps for this anyway.
  • Superuser is fixed with rmk40's version, woot woot!
  • Our own busybox, version 1.19
  • Profile added to system/bin to help prevent certain malware.
  • Kernel has init.d support, as well as adb root, and usb debugging enabled on every boot (even from a wipe). Many optmizations, tun, cifs, nfs support. Overclocks to 1.5ghz. Undervolted from 1ghz and down. Stock voltage at 1.19, slightly overvolted past that.
  • Kernel will boot at 1036mhz! You must use setcpu to overclock, the kernel will not do it for you automatically.
  • Dusk theme from HTC Skin - "Dusk" Sense 2.5 (Z based ROMs) - xda-developers
  • No location indicator, thanks Bgill55!
  • No recent apps on notification bar. Inspired by http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1004975, using 1.12.605.9 framework, which appears to have quite a few fixes, at least in xml.
  • Transparent pulldown and location reticle deleted
  • Accurate battery and custom super quick transition animations, credit ThatDudeButch
  • Latest maps
  • Settings toggles, credit to sk806 and JSChiSurf
  • Settings toggles control app, credit to sk806 and JSChiSurf
  • 6 bar signal mod, credit sk806
  • gps enhancement, credit to ziggy471
  • Custom Das BAMF skin, credit to gadget!
  • Custom Boot animation, credit to dsb9938
  • Some minor build.prop tweaks
  • Rebot options, including hot restart, credit to aiccucs
  • Battery charging enhancements.
  • Teeter
  • HTC livewallpaper that rotates images
  • Modded email app, credit to Rsotbiemrptson ([MOD] Stock Mail.apk with the exchange policy removed - xda-developers)
  • BAMF toolkit credit to Trident
  • Two way calling recording credit to avs333, skvalex
  • Volume keys wake phone
  • Automatic brightness fixed
  • Google Docs app instead of Quick Office app
  • Tweaked carrier text, and banner credit to gadget!
  • New shell scripts and updater script credit to Trident

Features of 1.6.1

• 32-tab browser is back.
  • Sound events used with raising and lowering volume have been removed.
  • Further tweaking of automatic backight settings in an attempt to fix a bug with dimming and not resuming brightness correctly.
  • Rom manager included.
  • Kernel manager Lite included.

Features of 1.6.2
  • Includes features of 1.6.1.
  • Rom is now running on ext4 filesystem with extra filesystem tweaks.
  • Filesystem tweaks have been moved to the kernel. So if you stop using our kernel, you will also lose the tweaks. Sorry :(
  • Chinese and Japanese languages "should" work properly now.
  • US ntp server added back to gps.conf.
  • OTA updates via Rom Manager should now be enabled.

Features of 1.6.3

• New 4.4.7 kernel with new tweaks and tweaked v/r i/o scheduler.
  • Further tweaking of autobrightness.
  • Updated toolbox to allow v/r scheduler selection and to fix sio scheduler selection bug.
  • Various little tweaks to the rom.

Features of 1.7

• Smoother Rosie that is slightly tweaked visually.
  • Sped up animations.
  • Clear lockscreen.
  • Disabled menu unlock on aosp lockscreen.
  • New default HTC wallpaper.
  • Updated TiBu.
  • Updated Maps.

Highlights of the BAMF toolkit by Trident:

• Includes Spare Parts
  • Cpu Settings can be changed: min/max frequency, governor
  • Built in terminal emulator
  • LTE settings, turn on/off 4G, etc
  • Mount system rw, event at boot.
  • Block ads
  • Disable boot sound
  • Disable boot animation
  • Disable sense lockscreen
  • Disable status bar clock
  • Change i/o scheduler
  • Clear cache
  • Clear dalvik-cache
  • Clear battery stats
  • Change dalvik heap size
  • Enable uber quadrant (fun script, requires quadrant)
  • Change application install location
  • Remove system apps

There are three flavors. This list above applies particularly to the nte, non themed edition.

Differences between versions:

Debloat: Very few extra features from stock. Contains filesystem, and memory tweaks, as well as my kernel.
NTE: Full featured, but does not contain very many theme elements, and very little modification to Rosie, aka the launcher.
Remix: Full featured, plus additional theme elements and graphical tweaks.

Download

1.7 Slightly themed edition (full rom)
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

--I will have a wallpaper package I missed in next update.

1.6.3 Non themed edition (full rom)
http://onix-android.com/thatdudebutch/dasbamf_1.6.3nte.zip

1.6.2 Non themed edition (patch, requires 1.6 nte)
http://onix-android.com/thatdudebutch/bamf_1.6.2.zip

1.6.1 Non themed edition (patch, requires 1.6 nte)
http://onix-android.com/thatdudebutch/1.6.1_nte.zip

1.6 Non themed edition (nte)
http://onix-android.com/thatdudebutch/dasbamf_1.6nte.zip

Mirrors:

1.6 Debloat edition
http://onix-android.com/thatdudebutch/bamf_1.6_debloat.zip

Mirrors:

Please note, this release has a new radio to complement it.
Put it on sdcard, reboot to hboot and flash.
Note: This radio is re-released to include the LTE modem as well (mah bad). Check your MD5s! If it doesn't match, downlaod this until it does, and flash.

I also recommend a data wipe with this version.

MD5s:
8e166e93a9a72cb7955440720ba8869a PG05IMG.zip
38550142590bcdd298d0a56f1ec17e05 dasbamf_1.6nte.zip
bfa5340dc6041c59f3d8d14cd5c39701 bamf_1.6_debloat.zip
A385D99341EF7B219F206DCB643490E6 1.6.1_nte.zip
4e38b38410fe9d8ffaf7263850d1c7f3 dasbamf_1.6.3nte.zip

Requirements:
Clockwork Recovery
Root
S-Off
Knowledge of adb

Preferences:
Knowledge of fastboot
Knowledge of adb (required for support)
Knowledge of logcats
An abundance of patience
A good humor

bgill55
jcase
signals23
my wife
my daughter
ThatDudeButch
Trident
gadget!
dsb9938 especially, for all the help with the thread rewrite and images.

Patches (load via cwr):

Disable wake on volume

Stock transitions and animations
stock_animations.zip

Removal Call Recorder and Call Recorder Support (Do this if you suffer too high of volume)

Visual Voice Mail

Final notes:

-Having issues with Gmail crashing? Please clear data and cache under settings > manage applications, gmail properties.

-Unexpected closing of browser is usually due to missing Flash.

-Call recording app will record continuously, every call, unless you turn it off in the call recording options.

-If call recording app does not start, uncheck call recording box, then recheck it.

-It may be ilegal in some states to record both sides of the conversation. Please observ local, and state laws.

-Debloat edition is probably even more basic than it was before, due to the tight integration of framework mods. This means no toolbox, no reboot options. Sorry:(

-Please don't ask me if you need to wipe. You do not need to wipe, unless you have problems. Thats my story and I am sticking to it. :D Do i recommend it? Yes. Do I require it? No.

Previous releases

Like what we've done? Help keep us going with coffee and beer (mostly beer)! All support is greatly appreciated. :D

Adrynalyne: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=6362350

ThatDudeButch: http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...if%3aNonHosted

Trident: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=9ZC2XYGRVB85U

Last edited:

Chillerman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed the official version! Thank you much!

snap20110430_152946.png

Last edited:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Working well so far. Kudos to the development team and your work is much appreciated.

It would be nice to be able to toggle having the volume buttons wake the phone. I'd like to avoid having the phone wake up unintentionally while carried in a pocket.

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Great work. What is the latest change in 1.6? I am a huge fan of the Remix so I will be waiting for it, but again great work to the people put the time and energy into this amazing project.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Working well so far. Kudos to the development team and your work is much appreciated.

It would be nice to be able to toggle having the volume buttons wake the phone. I'd like to avoid having the phone wake up unintentionally while carried in a pocket.

There's a zip you can flash from mikmik that should do that. A lot of the mods from the sense roms are compatible. Make a nandroid in case.

Reactions: NotJustAPhone

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
There's a zip you can flash from mikmik that should do that. A lot of the mods from the sense roms are compatible. Make a nandroid in case.

Thanks for the tip. Will look into it.

Edit: Don't know if was there and I missed it earlier, but noticed that the OP has a link to a patch to disable waking up the phone with the volume keys.

Last edited:

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Love the new update. My phone is now fast and so smooth. Love the tool box too. Thanks to the Devs.

Swyped from Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

jschecter

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Won't Load Past Thunder/Clouds Startup Screen

I was upgrading from Das Bamf Remix 1.4 w/ the de-sensed script.

My plan was to install the radio first and then v1.6. I checked the MD5s, backed up my current ROM w/ Clockworkmod, wiped data/davlik/cache. The phone rebooted normally and I skipped the phone set up. I plugged my phone to top up some charge before flashing anything. Then the launcher force closed and the screen went to black.

I restarted anyway while holding the volume button + power button to access the PG05IMG. After the install completed, it asked me to hit the power button to reboot. Now the screen is stuck on the clouds/thunder animation for the past 20mins. I've done a battery pull and nothing changed. Did I miss something? :'(

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I would restore the backup first if u can access recovery mode, then wipe cache, dalvik and do a data wipe, then install 1.6 and then flash the new radio in hboot.
Im not sure but i would guess the problem was not doing the data wipe.

jschecter

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I would restore the backup first if u can access recovery mode, then wipe cache, dalvik and do a data wipe, then install 1.6 and then flash the new radio in hboot.
Im not sure but i would guess the problem was not doing the data wipe.

I can't access recovery because each time it automatically picks up the pg05img. I'm guessing I have to get rid of that first. Which means I better go run to best buy to pick up an external card reader. Thanks for your help

JeffreyVest

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused about the flashing of the radio part. I've flashed 1.5 and everything's great. I'm now looking at doing the same for 1.6. I never did anything special for the radio though. Is that included in 1.6 and you're providing the radio as a convenience? Or should I flash the radio piece separately as well?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused about the flashing of the radio part. I've flashed 1.5 and everything's great. I'm now looking at doing the same for 1.6. I never did anything special for the radio though. Is that included in 1.6 and you're providing the radio as a convenience? Or should I flash the radio piece separately as well?

You need to flash it in hboot as a pg05img.zip file

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed a couple things so far. My sync icon is always running and my text messages are really laggy when exiting from a chat. Sometimes it FC. Any ideas?

Swyped from Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463