OTA update on root

P7M8

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I see there's an OTA coming any day now. I'm not concerned with keeping root. Will the update show up on my rooted device and if so, is it safe to let it install? Or should I install the rooted version?

My ROM an kernel are stock.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I see there's an OTA coming any day now. I'm not concerned with keeping root. Will the update show up on my rooted device and if so, is it safe to let it install? Or should I install the rooted version?

My ROM an kernel are stock.

root ver would be better

Jett2314

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have read that if you are rooted and have clockwork mod installed the update should not take. I hope that is true. I'm looking at other roms, but most are over clocked which I really don't care for.

kpnm

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I have rooted my phone using the "auto" method posted in the forum. And other than flashing ClockworkMod Recovery, I have not installed any other system-level files. So I guess I am running a "rooted" version of the stock ROM, correct?

My understanding is that I will not receive the OTA update (because ClockworkMod Recovery has been installed). But I would eventually like to install a rooted version of this update at some point. What are my options? Is there a straightforward method to make that happen?

Thanks!

httr

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have read that if you are rooted and have clockwork mod installed the update should not take. I hope that is true. I'm looking at other roms, but most are over clocked which I really don't care for.

No ROM is over clocked on its own. That is strictly the Kernel. A rom may come with an OC'd kernel but you can flash any kernel you want to run with it, even the stock one. You can also use an app such as setcpu to set the max freq of your processor so you don't have to OC even if the kernel allows it.

Sent from ThePerfectStorm using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC