Running 1.6REMIX and My Battery is Draining CRAZY!!!!!

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I've done this a couple times and I still get the battery drain.

Interesting to note, when I do a full wipe of everything, my wallpaper and color scheme for the power controls remain in tact. What am I doing wrong?

thats google. for some reason its saving different parts of your homescreen set up. it doesnt save everything but different parts load for me too.

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
So I did the bump charge this morning, did set CPU, and calibrated battery AGAIN, and the battery ROCKED today.....I took it off at 8:53AM, and am just laying down in bed with 64% left.....light use.....THANK GOD!!!!

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
^ awesome!

I'm now at 62% (9am) and haven't charge since I got home last night at 6pm. Light use, but still, that's great for me. I bumped up to 422 min at 11:30 last night because the phone was feeling a little laggy at times when I woke it up. I'll see how that goes for awhile.

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth I've had BAMF 1.5 Remix for 2 weeks now running 1036mhz/245 ondemand with some profiles set up for Screen off (422/245) Charging (1036/245) and between 1am-7am (245/245). If I go to bed with let's say a 90% battery, I'll wake up and it will only lose approx 5-7% of battery. That's with 4G or WiFi still turned on. Just remember to not set your weather updates, facebook updates, etc to occur frequently and it should be fine.

jedoles

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
3:17/1:19

I've rebooted at least 5 times... Don't know if that has any effect on those numbers.

Sent from the "silently rooted" Bolt via Tapatalk

Damn, still 65% after 5 hours and 5 reboots is quite amazing. Rebooting eats up the battery. I killed mine when I was messing with my boot animation. Was making my own and each time I rebooted to test it.

That being said, quite impressive.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Damn, still 65% after 5 hours and 5 reboots is quite amazing. Rebooting eats up the battery. I killed mine when I was messing with my boot animation. Was making my own and each time I rebooted to test it.

That being said, quite impressive.

I though so too... so It's 4pm and I'm at 21% light usage, but I've been using it, text's and stuff, couple quick calls. Google a little. Played with a couple apps, nothing long, haven't been trying to save battery, just has been a light 24 hours.

6pm will be 24 hours since last charge. Pretty good on stock batt., best I've ever seen. I know if I had been using it more It would have dropped a lot, probably by more than half. Also, none of this is bragging or anything, my batt. has been bad at best since I got my bolt, I'm just posting for informational purposes. I'm plugging in at 5.

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I though so too... so It's 4pm and I'm at 21% light usage, but I've been using it, text's and stuff, couple quick calls. Google a little. Played with a couple apps, nothing long, haven't been trying to save battery, just has been a light 24 hours.

6pm will be 24 hours since last charge. Pretty good on stock batt., best I've ever seen. I know if I had been using it more It would have dropped a lot, probably by more than half. Also, none of this is bragging or anything, my batt. has been bad at best since I got my bolt, I'm just posting for informational purposes. I'm plugging in at 5.

I don't understand how you get such amazing battery life from this. I have my setcpu settings at the same as you & can't go half a day without charging my phone, what are you doing that I'm not? I'm getting desperate here

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand how you get such amazing battery life from this. I have my setcpu settings at the same as you & can't go half a day without charging my phone, what are you doing that I'm not? I'm getting desperate here

I don't know man. Have you tried calibrating your battery? I didn't before. Doing mine today just cause. I have all my sync stuff at at least an hour, but I always leave bluetooth and wifi on, and my screen was on auto that whole time. I don't use vibrate on anything I use regularly.

Ya know, I never thought about it after flashing 1.6, but my set cpu is still setup with my old 960000/576000 ondemand with a screen off smartass setting of 245/245, maybe that's it? It makes sense that with a screen off setting like that I was getting so good on light usage. Hmm...

Edit - So I go look at me BAMF Toolkit and my current (current as in what I am on now) setting are on the set cpu 960000/576000 even though I was playing with a max 1.498 and min 245 setting with the tool kit. That means my BAMF setting were probably... maybe... always getting overridden by set cpu?! lol, damn...

So I unchecked the set cpu on boot main, but I'm leaving the screen off settings, and I'm going to try 960/245 ondemand main, 245/245 screen off smartass after I get my battery calibrated.

Last edited:

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
It feels like I've tried everything, calibrated battery, cleared battery stats manually, bump charged, current widget, reflashed rom, blockbuster app, swapped kernels, messed with setcpu settings, I'm baffled! I only use the phone for a few texts during the day, the rest of the time it's idle but the battery drains like mad. I see that it's possible to have fantastic battery life but it doesn't seem like mine is capable of it

Pzyborg

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
It feels like I've tried everything, calibrated battery, cleared battery stats manually, bump charged, current widget, reflashed rom, blockbuster app, swapped kernels, messed with setcpu settings, I'm baffled! I only use the phone for a few texts during the day, the rest of the time it's idle but the battery drains like mad. I see that it's possible to have fantastic battery life but it doesn't seem like mine is capable of it

Go back to Verizon and make them give you a new battery and/or phone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney