BAMF Stripped 1.1 help

az30

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the BAMF Stripped 1.1 (found here: [ROM] [5.7.11] BAMF Stripped BETA v1.1 - **UPDATED** Coming soon to ROM Manager! - xda-developers) and I want to install some BAMF remixes (found here: BAMF Remix Extras: Let's Remix It Again [05.07.11] UPDATE: FWv8, Revamped Thread - xda-developers)

Now I want the pull down menu app and a different battery indicator.

I was installing them by downloading them to my Mac, changing the name to update.zip, putting the file on my sdcard, then going to Rom Manager and installing update from sdcard. The phone will reboot and try to install then get an instillation aborted error and then the phone will reboot.

Then I tried to boot up in recovery and install the update.zip file from sdcard and I am getting the same error.

What am I doing wrong? Are the remixes not compatible with the Stripped 1.1 rom? I can't post these questions over at xda-dev b/c of my post count, so I need help here!

Is there a guide on how to do this properly?

Thanks.

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I may be wrong about this but i think in order use those MODS you need to have flashed the Remix rom first. You can find it here: [ROM] [05.04.11] BAMF Remix 1.6.2 - BAMF STRIPPED LOCKSCREEN AVAILABLE IN POST #2! - xda-developers

That part im only half certain.

Then the part about flashing the mods its the same way you would flash a rom. Without needed to wipe anything. download the file and leave it named the way it is. Then put it on the root of your SD card. Boot into recovery and install zip from SD card then reboot.

Hope this helps.

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Since i am not 100% certain about using those MODS on the Stripped 1.1 ROM. I say try it and see if the MODS take hold.

Just flash them the way i said without renaming as an update.zip.

az30

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Well it looks like they have updated and now include the Stripped 1.1 downloads for what you were looking for: BAMF Remix Extras: Let's Remix It Again [05.08.11] UPDATE: BAMF Stripped! - xda-developers

Download the stuff you need and flash in recovery the way i told you.

Yeah I saw the updates last night, they werent there when I first tried.

I went ahead and got the stripped 1.1 files and tried it out, went about the way you said to do so and still could not get it to work.

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure either, I don't know if I need to install the 1.6 theme first, then instill the stripped 1.1 over top, then try the remixes.

NO, and the reason i say no is because those that say Stripped 1.1 are for it and the others like 1.6.2 or 1.6.1 are for those versions they should work for you. I am stumped as to why they don't.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
NO, and the reason i say no is because those that say Stripped 1.1 are for it and the others like 1.6.2 or 1.6.1 are for those versions they should work for you. I am stumped as to why they don't.

I tried it and it didnt work on my Bolt either. But then again, I'm running 1.6.3 so I dunno if that's supposed to work on my version either.

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried it and it didnt work on my Bolt either. But then again, I'm running 1.6.3 so I dunno if that's supposed to work on my version either.

In your case i dont think they have mods for 1.6.3 up yet. Which is why im still on 1.6.2 if you look they have different downloads for all the different versions. They should be out soon.

Sent from Tapatalk using my ThunderBolt

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800