Root's passwd

bcarson03

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have rooted my TB for a while now, and I am new to Android OS. I am have experience with Linux, AIX, and Solaris, and I currently work in the IT Security area. It is widely known to change root's password to secure your OS. Is it safe to change Android root's password without breaking/bricking your phone?

I have read that a person should change root's password for jail broken iOS device to better secure a device. I am wondering if the same concept applies.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have rooted my TB for a while now, and I am new to Android OS. I am have experience with Linux, AIX, and Solaris, and I currently work in the IT Security area. It is widely known to change root's password to secure your OS. Is it safe to change Android root's password without breaking/bricking your phone?

I have read that a person should change root's password for jail broken iOS device to better secure a device. I am wondering if the same concept applies.

In Android su access does not require a password. If you've rooted you should have (or download from the Market) the Superuser app. It acts as a gatekeeper for anything that requests su access. For example, download a terminal app and type su on the command line. You won't be prompted for a password but will get a popup asking whether you want to grant su access.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude