Please help. Does returning to stock reset all phone settings to factory?

eyemd676

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I am relatively new to android and rooted my phone and then installed the BAMF remix ROM. I developed a problem where everytime the phone rebooted, it would also do a factory reset. I played around with it some more (probably shouldn't have in hindsight) and then I developed a problem where the HTC screen splash would just cycle endlessly. So, I returned the device to stock using the guidelines provided on the xda developers website and then re-rooted it. I formatted the sd card and then I re-installed BAMF remix and I keep having the same problem. My question is whether I may have altered some setting that is carrying over even though I returned the software to stock. If so, is there a way to completely reset the phone? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm assuming when you flashed bamf after re-rooting you downloaded it again and didn't use the original download if not try downloading again and flash after wiping. If it was a new download I would try flashing a new kernel to see if that is causing your problems. Not all phones will have the same experience using the same rom/kernel so there is a chance you may need to change both. If changing the kernel doesn't help I would try a different rom.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I am relatively new to android and rooted my phone and then installed the BAMF remix ROM. I developed a problem where everytime the phone rebooted, it would also do a factory reset. I played around with it some more (probably shouldn't have in hindsight) and then I developed a problem where the HTC screen splash would just cycle endlessly. So, I returned the device to stock using the guidelines provided on the xda developers website and then re-rooted it. I formatted the sd card and then I re-installed BAMF remix and I keep having the same problem. My question is whether I may have altered some setting that is carrying over even though I returned the software to stock. If so, is there a way to completely reset the phone? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

How about trying another ROM?

Flashing back to factory doesn't sound like it has anything to do with what you're experiencing. Basically, if I can summarize your problem, you flashed the same ROM twice and both times hit the same problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv