CM7, GingerBread, BAMF Remix, Radios and Kernels

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been running Tesla Coil and Das BAMF. I prefer the look of BAMF, but Tesla Coil is rock solid. Is that test1 5/17 link a full CM7 build, or just an update? It's tiny at 80 megs!

milwaukee613

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Doesnt the leaked gingerbread have problems with the camera?

I guess I just want a good ROM that works ...stock pre update has issues with the GPS and others have issues as well.

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
thanks!

I see that it is still in pre-alpha. I guess ill just wait till the real deal comes out.

Im getting sick on the normal stock ROM, cant wait till gingerbread or CM7 comes out.

Any thoughts on whether to go for gingerbread or CM7? Im not sure which would be the better choice

If you're coming from stock, I'd say hold off on cm7 until its closer to being final (its still in alpha). There's a few gingerbread roms with different features over on xda to try out, but if you're just starting out, try bamf. Its solid & easy to use.

Reactions: project.in.process

milwaukee613

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
aight...ill give it a shot.

Whats the best one to use? Also I know that for BAMF you need to also flash a radio file as well.
I dont know what I actually need, if you could help me out id appreciate it!

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
aight...ill give it a shot.

Whats the best one to use? Also I know that for BAMF you need to also flash a radio file as well.
I dont know what I actually need, if you could help me out id appreciate it!

Check out the original thread for it in this forum. The first post will tell u what u need to do & how to do it. I used rom manager a lot since it does a lot of the legwork for you

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Doesnt the leaked gingerbread have problems with the camera?

I guess I just want a good ROM that works ...stock pre update has issues with the GPS and others have issues as well.

CM7 ROMS for TB have both been that small. Its a full ROM just with all the "Crap" Like sense taken out. Its still in pre-alpha and that latest is merely an update to it with the leaked GB stuff. So its still in Pre-alpha and proven to still have many bugs. Some are not having any issues and others are. I suspect everyone's different variables are what determines the existing or non existing bugs. So its hard to pin point the cause for reboots, gps and or camera issues.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Try out mikroms gbread build. Flash new gbread radio then flash the rom. Battery life is awesome and its blazing fast. It allows you to overclock to 1.9ghz. I've been using my Tbolt nonstop for about 2hrs and battery has only dropped 9%

Tbolt meatclaws-talkatap

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Gingeritis? If so, believe it or not i was going to load that one last night. Then i heard they were working on Beta 4 so i waited now I'm going to download and flash later today.

shapov

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
CM7 ROMS for TB have both been that small. Its a full ROM just with all the "Crap" Like sense taken out. Its still in pre-alpha and that latest is merely an update to it with the leaked GB stuff. So its still in Pre-alpha and proven to still have many bugs. Some are not having any issues and others are. I suspect everyone's different variables are what determines the existing or non existing bugs. So its hard to pin point the cause for reboots, gps and or camera issues.

I believe you are misinformed my friend. CM7 is built from stock Android source, that's the beauty of the Rom. Sense was never part of the equation. CM7 is built from the ground up, rather than taking a sense Rom, decompiling it and removing all the clutter.

cashmoney805

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a hard time distinguishing everything from each other. I read the threads and what's in each ROM, but none of it really makes sense to me. Makes it sort of hard to choose which one to pick.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
wish there were a giant chart with all features & each ROM had it's own column to checkmark those features or list radios/benefits/UI and such.

prob going to root this weekend/next weekend--starting with DASBAMF (most stable?) and wait for CM7 to really be polished/stable.

Reactions: dsp

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I believe you are misinformed my friend. CM7 is built from stock Android source, that's the beauty of the Rom. Sense was never part of the equation. CM7 is built from the ground up, rather than taking a sense Rom, decompiling it and removing all the clutter.

Yea your right but what i meant was that in comparison to other full roms this one is bare to the bones without sense and all the other stuff. I said sense as an example of what is not included. It was never in it compared to the other roms that are around 200MB and up. I think i worded it wrong as i often do. You can see i even quoted the wrong person. HAHA

project.in.process:
That would be sweet. The thing is that all the ROMs change so often it would always be wrong. Unless someone is there and is able to keep up with all the changes.

Last edited:

essercb

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I've been running dasBAMF 1.6.3NTE for about a week and a half now. Really stable, fast, and great on battery life. With constant usage, I get about a full days usage on a standard battery. I'm really loving it so far!

crescent

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I really enjoy Sense but am curious about CM7, i will wait for a final build before i switch. is there a way to have sense and CM7?

cashmoney805

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been running dasBAMF 1.6.3NTE for about a week and a half now. Really stable, fast, and great on battery life. With constant usage, I get about a full days usage on a standard battery. I'm really loving it so far!
Have you tried any of the other BAMF releases (regular or remix)?

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: project.in.process

nmscuba

May 1, 2011
Visit site
wish there were a giant chart with all features & each ROM had it's own column to checkmark those features or list radios/benefits/UI and such.

prob going to root this weekend/next weekend--starting with DASBAMF (most stable?) and wait for CM7 to really be polished/stable.

I agree with a chart idea, That would really make it much easier for many of us, Also something explaining the difference between the sense and desensed would be nice too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar