[ROM][GB][5.23.11]Das BAMF 2.0-5

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
After a few hours and this Rom is running smoother and faster then anything I've every tried. Not seeing any lag anywhere, transition between screens and opening and closing apps are fast. The new lock screen is amazing maybe the coolest thing since live wallpapers and the weather theme is the best one IMO.

Only request would be if you could have the app drawer with 5 rows.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

Great to hear! I have one big concern before I jump to Gingerbread. I was just rereading the original post and caught this under the Final Notes section: "Camera does not work with stock kernel, which imo, is faster than imoseyon's or my kernel. Until we get source, I suspect this will always be the case."

So this is saying when I install the Gingerbread radio and BAMF 2.0 that my Camera will not take pictures at all? If so, is the Video Camera also affected? Not sure if I can be without either of those.

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Use imoseyon's kernel. It's working great for me and I'm not really having any speed issues.

I was just reading about that kernel over at this same thread on xda. noob question, but what do I need to do to get the imoseyns GB Sense Test 3 kernel instead of the one that doesn't allow the camera to work? Is the kernel the same thing as the radio? I'm getting confused the more I read into this!

evell269

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Flashed a couple of hours ago, and I love it so far.

The only thing that bothers me is the wake on volume thing, which I know is a personal preference thing. There's probably a patch on the way anyway, but I thought I'd ask.

Really great work, guys!

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I was just reading about that kernel over at this same thread on xda. noob question, but what do I need to do to get the imoseyns GB Sense Test 3 kernel instead of the one that doesn't allow the camera to work? Is the kernel the same thing as the radio? I'm getting confused the more I read into this!

Flash the kernel just like you would flash a rom in CWR. clear cache and dalvik before hand
I'd also make a nandroid before just in case.

Reactions: Bolt_of_Thunder

Boggus

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I dont seem to have a keyboard now? Went from 1.63 to 2.0. Also getting error - PVMtpServiceStart has stopped unexpectedly. Can't reload the ROM thru ROM Manger in the app section either now, acts like it want to but then does nothing. Getting several force closes also. What to do.

Held down the power button, selected Restart and Recovery. Now I am reloading the ROM via recovery. Time will tell

Now I still dont have a keyboard to sign in to market, etc. It does seem the error messages have ceased.

Last edited:

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Flash the kernel just like you would flash a rom in CWR. clear cache and dalvik before hand

I think I understand now. So:

Flash 2.0
Flash gb radio
Flash imos kernal

Plus all of the clear data/cache/dalvik jazz. Am I correct? Already did a nandroid tonite just incase I want to go back to 1.6.3

stuckhere4ever

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Awesome! I've been holding out on the GB Roms for this one. I'll give it a try when I get done with work tomorrow. Thanks for all the hard work, you guys rock!

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I just figured out what you meant to make a nandroid backup. You meant that I should do it before I flash imos kernel so I could go back to the stock kernel. I realized this right before I was going to flash the imos kernel lol.

Otherwise the flashing of the rom and radio went smoothly. Reboot and setup also went smooth. Doing a nandroid at the moment and then will flash imos kernel.

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Installed imos kernel and my camera works perfect so far! I'm loving the new lock screen and pull down notification bar! Can't wait to dive into the rest of the options after some sleep! Thanks BAMF team!

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
stupid question, but when I plug in my Thunderbolt, I don't get the option to switch to hard drive. What happened to my options when I plug into my phone to my computer?

ffac789

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I hope they eventually release a battery mod for it, I dislike the ones with the battery percentage. More like the gingerbread vertical one that glows an iridescent green.