SMS out of order BAMF 2.0. 4.01

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it's limited to bamf, I didn't get any texts while on Gingeritis, but all received messages to before the first message I sent them. So when I'm looking at the thread of an even back and forth conversation, it will show 5 from them, an then 5 from me. Anybody else have this issue? It's like they're texting from the past.

Last edited:

QuickSack

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I was having this problem also, went back to 1.6.3..

Looking around on google, theres a app in the market to "temp-fix" this problem called smstimefix

Last edited:

ffac789

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I believe it has something to do with the original timezone your phone number associates with along with some missing pieces from the ROM, because that's the case for me anyway. My phone number is associated with EST but I now live in Arizona. I mean, when I get a voicemail it reads the time the voicemail was left in EST. I also had this issue with my Blackberry Storm 2. But, I could be wrong, maybe your phone is in the same area code as your phone number.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I believe it has something to do with the original timezone your phone number associates with along with some missing pieces from the ROM, because that's the case for me anyway. My phone number is associated with EST but I now live in Arizona. I mean, when I get a voicemail it reads the time the voicemail was left in EST. I also had this issue with my Blackberry Storm 2. But, I could be wrong, maybe your phone is in the same area code as your phone number.

Actually that would make sense in my case. My phone number is from Washington, but I live in Utah. Either way, I went back to 1.6.3, I'll check out GB once a more stable build is released.

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, I use Handcent, and I have had zero problems....I am in SF, CA..

is your phone outside of your current time zone? For instance, is your number from an area code elsewhere in the country? That seems to be the problem with GB, and it happened in the stock SMS and also GoSMS.

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Adrynalyne knows about this bug associated with GB. His advice for me? Go back to froyo... lol ok thought we were kinda guinea pigs here ;)

Anyway I'm only noticing it for only one incoming number. My brother texts me all the time and his timestamps are correct... my girlfriend's on the other hand...

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
This has to do with the mms.apk. HTC doesn't have the time correction mod on it like 99% of the other ones out there. Download the fix or get the stock android mms.apk. Thats the best in my opinion

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Went back to gingerbamf remix, had this issue again, searched google and found my own thread. Thanks for the answer, I'm replying to this so that it will bump in case anybody else excitedly went to GB and has this problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze