Need an opinion about ROM choice

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hola guys! Well I made the leap from the Evo to the TBolt as I finally got fed up with the SLOWWWWWWW speeds on the Sprint Network (going to try to get out of my ETF since they noted on my records that I was having issues but before I could take it into the store I found my last straw and sold it)

I rooted my evo,installed MikFroyo with a Netarcy kernel,and had Amon as my primary recovery. My question is this. What current rom is most like MikFroyo over here on the TBolt. Once my 14day period is over and if I decide to keep it, I already plan on rooting this bad boy,but im just wondering if there are any other Evo to TBolt switchers here atm and what are you all using?

Thanks in advance!

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
You will be happy with the TBOLT, I am..... in addition to nate44's link here is a link for radio's too... some roms require radio flashing too... research and read before you do anything. and keep a folder on your desktop with what radios you have and what they are from and for.... I have dasBAMF 1.6.3 and love it... also you need to check which radio you have in your phone right now and right it down... settings-about phone-software information - software number(that's it)... mine is radio 1.16.605.7

here is the link to the radio's you can ever need too... [RADIO] The Obligatory Thunderbolt Radio Thread - xda-developers

Reactions: NotJustAPhone

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
thanks everyone for the replies! I am rather partial to sense since that was the biggest factor in me choosing this one over the Charge,guess it grew on me the past year :p so it wont be an AOSP rom for me.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
For a Sense-based, Froyo ROM, I'd check out DasBAMF 1.6.3. It would appear to be the most popular ROM for the TBolt, and I can attest that it runs great on mine. They have a REMIX version that is themed and the NTE (non-themed edition) that I prefer as well, but I've tried both and it's more an aesthetics issue as what you'd probably prefer.

I keep kernel that comes with the ROM by Adrynalyne on it, but have played around with the different radios a bit...

You can find the Froyo radios here. Mine seems to run best on the second one, "1.13.605.7 CDMA and 1.12.605.6 LTE radio", but different people seem to be getting different results across the board in terms of battery life and random reboots, so you may want to play around with that a bit. All of these radios are compatible with DasBAMF 1.6.3

Reactions: zero neck

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
For a Sense-based, Froyo ROM, I'd check out DasBAMF 1.6.3. It would appear to be the most popular ROM for the TBolt, and I can attest that it runs great on mine. They have a REMIX version that is themed and the NTE (non-themed edition) that I prefer as well, but I've tried both and it's more an aesthetics issue as what you'd probably prefer.

I keep kernel that comes with the ROM by Adrynalyne on it, but have played around with the different radios a bit...

You can find the Froyo radios here. Mine seems to run best on the second one, "1.13.605.7 CDMA and 1.12.605.6 LTE radio", but different people seem to be getting different results across the board in terms of battery life and random reboots, so you may want to play around with that a bit. All of these radios are compatible with DasBAMF 1.6.3
Is the Gingerbread Radio Compatable with this ROM too? If so, I might as well just flash and get it over with so that way if I come across a Gingerbread based ROM I dont need to worry about it...

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Is the Gingerbread Radio Compatable with this ROM too? If so, I might as well just flash and get it over with so that way if I come across a Gingerbread based ROM I dont need to worry about it...

As far as I'm aware, no. The radios are different, and the Froyo ones don't play nice with GB and vice versa.

djinsydius

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

I flashed the GB radio while I was still on bamf 1.6.3 & I didn't have any service, but I was only doing it before I upgraded to 2.0, after I updated everything worked fine.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
As far as I'm aware, no. The radios are different, and the Froyo ones don't play nice with GB and vice versa.

that is what I figured, good thing I keep all my radios in folders and labeled and know which 1 is on my phone at all times and which ones don't work so great
I just flashed the second 1 on the post from xda, I will give it a few days and see if it works better on saving battery life
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
that is what I figured, good thing I keep all my radios in folders and labeled and know which 1 is on my phone at all times and which ones don't work so great
I just flashed the second 1 on the post from xda, I will give it a few days and see if it works better on saving battery life
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

It certainly has on mine...but it seems like people's experiences with the radios is all over the place. I've tried all of them to some degree and seem to like that one the best.

Reactions: ssethv

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair