So a couple hours after i flashed back to 1.6.3 from GB 2.0beta5 i rebooted my phone from installing one of the lean kernels and now its stuck in an endless loop...cry flashing back did NOTHING for me
    05-26-2011 06:07 PM
    did you flash the 1.6.3 radio?
    05-26-2011 06:10 PM
    yep...cry. wonder if it could be something else
    05-26-2011 06:17 PM
    got it into hboot and re-flashed the radio, booted up all the way, but for how long, wonder if it was the lean kernel i was flashing that caused the endless loop. Kind of scared to flash any roms and kernels now, my revert all the way to stock, unrooted and warrenty my phone.
    05-26-2011 06:30 PM
    You shouldn't need to re-flash a radio, unless you're changing to different ones of course. There's different versions of the lean kernel, so make sure you're running the Froyo version.

I reverted back to Froyo yesterday and have no problems whatsoever. Flashed radio, then booted into recovery. Wiped data/cache twice, and flashed BAMF 1.7 I then later installed imoseyon's lean kernel and have been running great since.
    NotJustAPhone and zero neck like this.
    05-26-2011 07:24 PM
    Did your install of 1.6.3 work before you tried flashing a new kernel? If that's the case, it sounds like there was a problem with loading the kernel. As nate44 pointed out, there are different kernels for different ROM versions so it's important to make sure you have the right kernel for your ROM. Also, it's a good idea to check the md5 checksum of the files you're downloading before you flash. This lets you make sure the file hasn't been corrupted in the download process.
    zero neck likes this.
    05-26-2011 07:46 PM
    got it into hboot and re-flashed the radio, booted up all the way, but for how long, wonder if it was the lean kernel i was flashing that caused the endless loop. Kind of scared to flash any roms and kernels now, my revert all the way to stock, unrooted and warrenty my phone.
    I had the same issue, but I restored from a nandroid backup. so I ended up having to reflash the radio and then clear the caches and reflash the rom. I didn't do a datawipe tho, so far everything has been ok since.

also, I had tried to flash imoseyon's latest froyo kernel and it got stuck at the htc boot screen too, not sure why, but flashing adry's kernel worked.
    zero neck likes this.
    05-26-2011 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD