Official MR2 Radio-GB ONLY

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
So anyone notice a decrease in battery life? Since I've switched radios in less then an hour I lose about 10% being idle, as to where in the old radio idle I can go 8 hours of sleep and go from 100% to 93%. Wondering if anyone else is having battery issues.

Mine is definitely using more battery life idle with the Das BAMF Sense 3 Preview, MR2 radio, imoseyon's latest GB test kernel and set cpu at 245/368 with screen off. Battery monitor widget shows it's using 60mA+ without me even using it. Normal on das BAMF 2.0 was about 35-45mA for idle.

DanSan

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
im also seeing an increase in battery consumption during idle times as well. i flashed bamf 2.0.5 and mr2 radio last night.

ive gone into bamf toolbox set it to 1.4ghz and thrown it on smartass.. i dont need to set up profiles with the smartass governor right?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
im also seeing an increase in battery consumption during idle times as well. i flashed bamf 2.0.5 and mr2 radio last night.

ive gone into bamf toolbox set it to 1.4ghz and thrown it on smartass.. i dont need to set up profiles with the smartass governor right?
You are correct.. no need to set up profiles with smartass :)

Reactions: zero neck

DanSan

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
on idle.. according to battery monitor widget...

im consuming 288-400mA .. it estimates 5 hours til my extended battery will be dead.

wtf

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Smartass keeps the CPU at 245 MHz when the screen is off so no need for a profile to do that. If you want other profiles, you'll need to use setcpu.

DanSan

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
ok i did it through the das bamf toolbox. do i need to keep "apply on boot" checked. or can i just apple the settings and thats it?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I think interactive x does this as well
It would be nice if there was a wiki about the baked in profiles, such as interactive x, and what they actually do. also, I would love to know more about the I/O scheduler in spare part and what the hell that can do... if any one can point me in the right direction that would be awesome :)

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice if there was a wiki about the baked in profiles, such as interactive x, and what they actually do. also, I would love to know more about the I/O scheduler in spare part and what the hell that can do... if any one can point me in the right direction that would be awesome :)

Post number 2 from the following thread has Imoseyon's explanation of the various governors.

[GB Kernel] leanKernel: minimalistic kernel (3.0.1GB 6/7/11, v3.1.0cm7 6/12/11) - xda-developers

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
seth, i was wondering about the i/o scheduler in spare parts as well, so i used google and got this - havent checked out all the links yet

"Here's some good information I found on the various schedulers:
NOOP (Noop scheduler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Anticipatory (Anticipatory scheduling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Deadline (Deadline scheduler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
CFQ (CFQ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
BFQ (BFQ and related stuff on disk scheduling)
SIO (http://groups.google.com/group/zen_kernel/msg/a40d48793cffd5a3)"

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
seth, i was wondering about the i/o scheduler in spare parts as well, so i used google and got this - havent checked out all the links yet

"Here's some good information I found on the various schedulers:
NOOP (Noop scheduler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Anticipatory (Anticipatory scheduling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Deadline (Deadline scheduler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
CFQ (CFQ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
BFQ (BFQ and related stuff on disk scheduling)
SIO (http://groups.google.com/group/zen_kernel/msg/a40d48793cffd5a3)"
its all another language to me :) im going to assume devs prolly use and experiment with that stuff...

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i wouldn't know where to start with those. Just looked at a comparison chart and i have no idea what the values are.. not even sure what's being compared.. haha.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
So which is the correct radio? I'm using Bamf pr4.
I installed this radio and I'm missing the setting for the toggle between cdma & LTE. My options are Home or Automatic. (1.39.00.0508w, 00.01.69.0510w_3)

I thought I had the wrong radio so I used the link from Adrynalynes Bamf GB 2.0-5 thread as instructed which links to the Obligatory Radio thread and installed the GB radio from there which gave me (1.39.00.0430r, 0.01.69.0501r)

Same thing with that radio so I went back to the first radio I listed which seems to be the correct numbers... I'm missing the new setting to toggle LTE & CDMA and trying to figure out what's going on. Is this option only available with the OTA stock version? My choices are Home or Automatic.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
So which is the correct radio? I'm using Bamf pr4.
I installed this radio and I'm missing the setting for the toggle between cdma & LTE. My options are Home or Automatic. (1.39.00.0508w, 00.01.69.0510w_3)

I thought I had the wrong radio so I used the link from Adrynalynes Bamf GB 2.0-5 thread as instructed which links to the Obligatory Radio thread and installed the GB radio from there which gave me (1.39.00.0430r, 0.01.69.0501r)

You have the right radio, but the option to toggle LTE is part of the full Froyo update. Just installing the radio won't get you that option. My guess is that updated Froyo ROMs based on the MR2 update are coming and will include that option.

Sent using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You have the right radio, but the option to toggle LTE is part of the full Froyo update. Just installing the radio won't get you that option. My guess is that updated Froyo ROMs based on the MR2 update are coming and will include that option.

Sent using Tapatalk

Thanks. It was driving me crazy trying to find that option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1