So I have this little file here, left over from rooting....

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Should I delete the "PG05IMG" or whatever file that I had from the root, on my phone? I heard it will cause problems if you keep it on the phone.

Should it be deleted? How?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You either need to delete or remove it off your sdcard because every time you boot into hboot it will try to update. You can either use a file manager app like astro or connect to your pc to remove or delete.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Should I delete the "PG05IMG" or whatever file that I had from the root, on my phone? I heard it will cause problems if you keep it on the phone.

Should it be deleted? How?

You either need to delete or remove it off your sdcard because every time you boot into hboot it will try to update. You can either use a file manager app like astro or connect to your pc to remove or delete.

Which is exactly what I believe happened to this guy...
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...ave-any-strange-resets-updates-yesterday.html

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yeah, it'll save you a lot of headaches later if you run into an issue where your phone won't boot and need to get in recovery.

Chillerman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I rename them and put them in a seperate folder via root explorer. That way if I ever need to flash back to a different radio or update I have it on my phone instead of having to look for it again.