New MR 2.5 Radio Leak

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Since no one answered, I figured I'd take a chance. Well, it did not wipe nor did I notice anything unusual. And it reports 1.39.00.0528w, 0.01.69.0602w_1.

I'll give it a workout this afternoon.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Since no one answered, I figured I'd take a chance. Well, it did not wipe nor did I notice anything unusual. And it reports 1.39.00.0528w, 0.01.69.0602w_1.

I'll give it a workout this afternoon.

Sorry ed, you don't need to wipe data or clear cache/dalvik before flashing a radio in hboot.

Only thing you might want to do is check md5 checksum of the file and compare against the md5 that will be listed with the download, to make sure the radio file is not corrupted/is the file you intended to download.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Had my first random reboot since flashing the MR2.5 radio. Was in the middle of writing a post to the forums here when my phone rebooted. For some reason, I've had really bad standby battery drain since I moved to the MR2.5, but I'm going to wipe battery stats and see how things go over the next couple of days.

Edit: Just had another random reboot.

No reboots since the two I reported on Sunday. That was the night of the network outage so my reboots may have been network related.

Reactions: zero neck

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the default kernel that comes with Flyweight. I changed nothing else, besides installing Flyweight and installing the MR2.5 radio.

I was thinking the kernel could lead to power drain, but maybe your phone just doesnt like mr2.5 or got a bad signal, which could also cause the power drain.

Did you try mr2? was it any better?

jmayniac

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the kernel could lead to power drain, but maybe your phone just doesnt like mr2.5 or got a bad signal, which could also cause the power drain.

Did you try mr2? was it any better?

Yep, MR2 is what I run now and it runs pretty good. I don't have any reboots at all, GPS is a little quicker to lock on, battery life is the same as stock.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
can anyone send me the mr 2.5 radio file ,looks like the site is gone.

The link in my signature has mr2.5... it's broken down into two file, a CDMA and an LTE file... it's "From the 1.68.605.3 RUU"... at least that is what Cyber Warrior has in the "[Guide] How to Backup, Restore & Install ROMs on The Thunderbolt" sticky thread at the top of the Forum as MR2.5 version numbers.