stock rooted question

benzo381

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
So I've been stock rooted via auto root for months now with zero problems, I love it. also I'm wondering if those who are using the Rooted OTA are seeing a big difference or not and if.they are what are the pros and cons and if its worth trying to add it to my phone being that I'm nub. I've been hesitant to make any other changes in fear of complications or just screwing up, But I really want the GB Rom I've been thinking I'd be safer to just wait for GB OTA and wait for that to get autorooted. Also if anyone has a link on a dummies guide to roms and radio flashing I'd be grateful. The one here even though I love this site isn't numbed down enough believe it or not.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Both radios are leaked versions. The Official Verizon OTA hasn't been released yet. The only difference between the two is that one is for rooted users and one is for stock users. You can not flash the MR2 RUU radio on a rooted phone running Froyo or you run into the chance of bricking it. The MR2 radio for rooted users will only work on Gingerbread roms (or CM7) for now * until the Official radio is released by Verizon.

* Reason: The leaked radio for the new Froyo OTA uses the new RIL, which was previously incorporated into the GB leak but not in the older Froyo releases. Thus, it works on the current GB roms but not on Froyo roms.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/thu...-backup-restore-install-roms-thunderbolt.html
As for Installing/flashing roms, the guide in the sticky will walk you through the process step by step. There's also a full list of roms, radios & kernels available for the Thunderbolt in the third post. If you have any questions or need further help.. post it over in the guide thread and I or someone else will help you out.

Flashing radios:
1) Download the radio file
2) If not already done... rename the file to PG05IMG (pg zero five img).
3) Place the PG05IMG.zip on the root of the phones SD Card (don't place it in any sub-folders)
4) Power your phone into hboot/bootloader.. (turn the phone off.. turn the phone back on by holding the power button and the volume down button at the same time until your phone starts up in hboot/bootloader).
5) You will be asked if you would like to install the zip.. choose YES with the volume up button.
6) The phone will take over from there and begin to unload the PG05IMG.zip onto your phone.
7) When completed you will be asked to reboot the phone.. choose YES.
8) You're done.

*delete or move the PG05IMG.zip from the root of the SD Card. (If not, you can run into some problems if you ever need to get to Recovery from hboot/bootloader*

I'll add this info to the Guide when I get a chance for anyone else that needs it.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX