HELP!!! I cant restore nandroids, boot in recovery, or use fix permissions...

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
So, I flashed dasBAMF 2.1 remix today and everything was perfect, a little bit ago I kept getting some FC's, so I tried to run fix permissions but it FC'd, and I cant do anything in ROM manager, I cant even restore a nandroid. I also cant manually boot in to recovery after powering down.. I cant use spare parts it keeps FCing... I am worried I don't know why its doing this... Someone, anyone please help!

EDIT: I used the toolkit that is built into the ROM as my last resort and accessed fix permissions that way and was successful...

My problems start when I tried to overclock to 1.9... NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN :)

Last edited:

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
What happens when you try to get to hboot and recovery manually ?
Yeah... thank god for the toolkit... I just was able to fix permisions that way, and now everything seems to be OK.. I was freaking out for a second there :) thank for looking out though.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Awesome
Toolkit wins
I just realized what happened... I tried to OC to 1.9 and that is when the problems started happening... I wanted to see what my quadrant score would be but all sort of freeze ups and crap start going wrong and I could change it back... thats when I realized ROM manager and all the other stuff wouldn't work right... NEVER OCing again... I knew it was stupid and I did it anyway...HENCE the last line in my quotes at the bottom :)

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, exactly what process or application was force closing?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, exactly what process or application was force closing?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
I used to have mine set to 1.4 also and never really had any problems but I just feel more comfortable on 1.2.

the things that were FCing and freezing up were pretty much everything but texting and calling... I was unable to use ROM manager or manually go into HBOOT to fix permissions and I couldn't get into the toolkit to change my cpu from 1.9 back to 1.2, it would just freeze up. I didn't really try to access anything else because I was only concerned with getting my phone back to normal. everything seems fine but this morning I had another FC when texting someone... SO, if this keeps happening I will be nandroiding right back to 2.0-5... ill keep ya posted

Reactions: zero neck

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
@prakash - some people think it's safe to OC and others think that it can do some harm to your device. I guess it depends what side of that thinking you're on, and how your device manages when it's OC'd.

I am not currently overclocked at all, but sometimes i will go to 1.2 if a rom seems laggy or a feature isn't working correctly. I almost never oc to 1.4 but that seems to be the higher side of what most people consider "safe".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol