Market not opening after Das BAMF 2.1 install

JeffreyVest

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
After installing Das BAMF 2.1, I now can't open the Market. It just flashes white on the screen and closes. Anyone else having a similar issue and happens to know a fix?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
After installing Das BAMF 2.1, I no can't open the Market. It just flashes white on the screen and closes. Anyone else having a similar issue and happens to know a fix?

before anything,

clear the app data/cache

try again.

this fixes most of the errors encountered by people & before rattling off other possibilities--let's knock out the most likely culprit :)

JeffreyVest

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Did you do a clean install (wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache)?

Are you running a GB radio (mr2 or mr2.5)?
I did flash MR2.5 and I did do a full wipe. It was actually working perfectly just earlier today. I went through and cleaned up some old user apps I just don't use anymore (mostly just games I don't play). Now I get a force close of Google Talk and Market and Google Mail don't open at all.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I would either run fix permissions in rom manager or do a fresh install and wipe data, cache, and dalvik 2+ times each to make sure you get it all out.

Also, i dunno if you restore data with TB or a similar app, but you could try to restore only the data that you absolutely must restore, bc sometimes data from one rom won't work on another, particularly if you just came from froyo to gb.

JeffreyVest

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I would either run fix permissions in rom manager or do a fresh install and wipe data, cache, and dalvik 2+ times each to make sure you get it all out.

Also, i dunno if you restore data with TB or a similar app, but you could try to restore only the data that you absolutely must restore, bc sometimes data from one rom won't work on another, particularly if you just came from froyo to gb.
I did all four of the troubleshooting bits in the das bamf troubleshooting section. One of which is fix permissions. I'll try it through Rom Manager though.

JeffreyVest

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

I didn't restore any system data for that reason. I'm not seeing Rom Manager anymore in my apps (was going to try the permissions suggestion). Wierd. I wonder if I did something stupid when I was cleaning up apps. OK off to wipe / wipe / restore. See if I can get the world back to normal. Thanks for the feedback.