Battery life better on non-Sense ROMS??

keving75

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I have only used Sense based ROMS since I was rooted, but I am wondering now, would a Non-Sense based ROM like CM7 have better battery life? I have always heard Sense was a battery hog, but I really like Sense.
I would only consider giving it up if there was a significant improvement in the batt life.

Thanks for any info on this.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It really depends on the rom, the kernel, and how the phone reacts to both with the addition of the radio you are using.... ,

but, when i was using my droid incredible all the time, cm7 (an aosp rom) had better battery life than some of the sense roms, but only by a bit. You can kind of tell bc sense does all this stuff you don't neccessarily need, and that stuff is kind of always running in the background, whereas an aosp rom is typically stripped down and uses slightly less power that way.

I think the battery difference is mostly negligible in the long run, and you should pick whichever rom you like best.

Last edited:

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
It's only been two and a half days now, but it seems like the BAMF+Sense3.0 ROM is great on battery life. I can get through a whole day without any problems whatsoever. It's been so good so far that I'm only burning through about 55-65% of the battery per day (~17 hours off the charger at a time) with what I would call average use on LTE (2-4gb/month during the summer months; probably will rise now that I have Netflix :D).

For some reason, VirusROM+sense (as great as it is) started to not hold up well battery-wise. So much so that my phone died halfway through my break during a 9 hour shift. that gave me a 30 minute break, and I took my break after 5 1/2 hours. Which means it went from 97 to 0 in less than 6 hours; more than 5 of which were sitting idle with the screen off and everything.

I have to say that it was a blessing in disguise. VirusROM was incredible, and I like BAMF+3.0 even more. I think I'm in love! :p

kylep23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm on 2.1 and I don't think it is near what CM7 was on battery life.....however CM7 is not quite ready yet. The lockscreen was super laggy. If anyone that has gone from 2.1 to 3.0 could weigh in on battery, that would be awesome.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 2.1 and I don't think it is near what CM7 was on battery life.....however CM7 is not quite ready yet. The lockscreen was super laggy. If anyone that has gone from 2.1 to 3.0 could weigh in on battery, that would be awesome.

Battery life has been pretty good on sense 3 rc2. About the same as it was for me with 2.1, but i was only on 2.1 for a day and a half so.

qzyv1r

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you folks using BAMF 3.0 runnin the MR2 or MR2.5 radio?

I've been running bamf 3.0 RC2 with RC2.5 and battery life is significantly better. Also Pandora is much smoother to load between songs. Yesterday was down to 50% by 9pm including 2 hrs of Pandora while cutting the grass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21