hey guys,

I'm a total newb to being rooted and ROMing my phone. I'm running Bamf's 3.0 RC2. The weirdest thing happened to me today. I was in the middle of texting when my screen basically went blank, only showing my wallpaper. The notification bar was still working but anything below that, there was nothing. I powered down the screen and when I powered it back on to try and unlock the phone...the same screen. I couldnt do anything. So I tried battery pulling and when the phone booted up, same screen. I did this three times until I booted into recovery and just reflashed the ROM. Now, is this a known issue with Bamf's 3.0 RC2? Every time I flash the latest ROM it seems that they come out with a new one, so when I saw RC3 was released I decided to chill on RC2 for a while and wait for a later update. So I guess my question is, should I upgrade to RC3 because this will probably happen again, or was it just a freak thing?

Sorry if this has already been addressed, with RC3 being released it was kind of a lot of information to sift through.

Thanks,

JV
    06-27-2011 09:39 PM
    hey guys,

I'm a total newb to being rooted and ROMing my phone. I'm running Bamf's 3.0 RC2. The weirdest thing happened to me today. I was in the middle of texting when my screen basically went blank, only showing my wallpaper. The notification bar was still working but anything below that, there was nothing. I powered down the screen and when I powered it back on to try and unlock the phone...the same screen. I couldnt do anything. So I tried battery pulling and when the phone booted up, same screen. I did this three times until I booted into recovery and just reflashed the ROM. Now, is this a known issue with Bamf's 3.0 RC2? Every time I flash the latest ROM it seems that they come out with a new one, so when I saw RC3 was released I decided to chill on RC2 for a while and wait for a later update. So I guess my question is, should I upgrade to RC3 because this will probably happen again, or was it just a freak thing?

Sorry if this has already been addressed, with RC3 being released it was kind of a lot of information to sift through.

Thanks,

JV
    That happened to me actually on rc1 or rc2. I can't remember if a battery pull and reboot put it back to normal, or if i restored a backup thru recovery to fix it.

I've been using rc3 now since it came out, and that hasn't occurred, and everything else has been mostly very smooth.

With roms, especially a rom like this one (this is ported over from the htc shooter) there can be bugs so you should always make nandroid backups, they'll save ya from alot of trouble.
    Valquez9 likes this.
    06-27-2011 09:43 PM
    Make sure you are wiping the data and cache before you flash the new rom. I would definitely recommend backing up before hand because this will wipe your apps.
    07-02-2011 12:23 AM
    hey guys,

Thanks,

JV
    This happened to me on RC2 once, and I just did a battery pull and it was fine. Hasn't happened on RC3 though.
    07-02-2011 10:41 AM
    This happened to me on RC2 once, and I just did a battery pull and it was fine. Hasn't happened on RC3 though.
    This has happened to me on rc3 once. I just reflashed the rom.
    07-02-2011 09:18 PM
    Personally Ive had issues with all of the RC releases. I had to got back to DB 2.1 remix for the time being
    07-05-2011 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD