TicWatch E Phonecall notification issues

jademan83

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I recently purchased the TicWatch E and love the watch. Great design, display, and functionality except for one nuisance. The watch will not reliably wake the display or vibrate for incoming phone calls. I am not trying to answer the call through the watch, simply trying to get notifications for incoming calls. I work in a school and would prefer my phone to not ring in classes as I work on a computer. The watch will start vibrating if I lift my wrist and wake the display manually if I feel the phone vibrate in my pocket, but that doesn't always happen. I've already worked with tech support and received a second new watch... with the same result. Phone model is : Samsung Galaxy S7 Active (updated) and watch is updated to current as well. I can pull out my old Asus Zenwatch 2 and pair it, and notifications work just fine, no problems.

Anyone else out there having this issue? Thanks in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I hope you don't mind, but I moved this from the general Wear OS forum to the Ticwatch forum, for more specific traffic.

chipdance

Sep 24, 2018
Visit site
did you ever find a solution for this?

I experience the same delayed notification for calls. all other notifications seem to be instant, or have an acceptable minimal delay. The only reason I have a smart watch is to receive notification of incoming calls when my phone is on silent, which is 90% of the time since I work in a concert hall and do not want the ringer disrupting concerts. The vibrate on the phone isn't strong enough and I was missing calls.
My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6. My first smartwatch was a Pebble Time and it still works great with instant notification, but my eyes are getting too old to read the tiny font on the Pebble. The Ticwatch E seemed to be a perfect replacement, so I got one in June. However I quickly realized the delayed notification was duplicating the issue missed calls.
My solution so far has been to shelf the Ticwatch and return to the tiny font of the Pebble. I sure would like to use the Ticwatch, but until a solution to the delayed incoming call notification is released, I'll be using Pebble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance