tic watch Pro

Zobbyb

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else got one yet? Received mine today. Very nice but the LCD always on display is almost unreadable in anything other than very bright light. Early days though so I may be jumping the gun. I'll be interested to see how the battery lasts.

Attachments

• 97138.jpg
    97138.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 82

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nice! Can you turn on a backlight for the LCD display, like old-style conventional LCD digital watches? Also, is it easy to swap out the band?

Zobbyb

May 12, 2016
Visit site
in answer to question 1 - no there's no backlight for the LCD display. you need good light to see it to be honest. 2 - the straps have quick release so yes easy to swap out. so far with one 30 workout and I'd say average use I'm on 62% battery at the moment. so I'm imagining 2 days battery with mixed use is about what to expect. so not great but it's early days I guess.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that sounds like something that would be worth mentioning to Mobvoi's support team -- adding a backlight for the LCD screen in the next version of the watch. I'd imagine it wouldn't cost much money or space in the watch to do so, and it'd add a lot of functionality.

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
The thing I'm noticing is that it's hard to get a look at the LCD screen without triggering the OLED one. I could turn that off, but I like being able to raise my wrist and have all my info show up. And, even with two days of battery life, that's better than the S2 Classic I'm coming from. The reason I got this watch is that, screen tech aside, you can't get its feature set and build quality anywhere else at this price point.

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I can't speak to the point of using music, but I can get a full day and still have around 70% left. I have mine set to turn on the OLED screen when I raise my wrist, but, obviously, Wear OS is always running, since I'm not in Essential mode. So my guess is that you'll get at least a day out of it, as long as you don't set the screen to stay on all the time. No battery is going to last long if you do that.

dirtyjudo

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I grabbed one during Prime day. It's been a pleasant surprise. A happy middle ground between LG style and LG sport. I like it so far.
To get the digital display. Just flick your wrist or tap with your finger. I love it so far.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I grabbed one during Prime day. It's been a pleasant surprise. A happy middle ground between LG style and LG sport. I like it so far.
To get the digital display. Just flick your wrist or tap with your finger. I love it so far.

Was the Pro discounted for Prime Day? When I checked, it was only the Ticwatch E that was on sale.

dirtyjudo

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Lol, I don't know. I just bought it. It's was launched on prime day. I was confused bought it anyway. oops. Don't tell my wife.

ALCingularUser

May 17, 2011
Visit site
One thing I've noticed is that, if a call comes in, and I miss it, I'll have a missed call notification on the watch but not the phone. This is different behavior than you'd see on other apps, where you get notified on both devices.

FYI, I'm using a Pixel 2 XL running Android P DP3.

sg21

Jan 25, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I bought a Ticwatch pro. I have a Xiaomi Mi A, and I live in Hungary.
I wanted contact my watch and my phone, but my phone writed that my Wear Os incompatible, because the phone, and the watch are in China, and I need download the Wear Os chinese version.
But the playstore write for me that it is not application.

Can you help me?
What can I do now?

Best regards,
Gabor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool