Hi,

I've got a Ticwatch Pro 2 and am having issues with notifications.

Whatever I do I can't make a notification play a sound, or vibrate. The volume is set to 50% and plays when choosing the notification sound.

Also, when my watch shows a notification the phone is silent, I'm guessing because the sound is transferred over bluetooth to the watch.
    So for notification the watch is silent, and the phone is silent, meaning I'd have to look on the phone or watch for missed notifications.

Is this how it is supposed to work?
    11-11-2018 11:51 AM
    Nope, not how Wear OS is supposed to work. The watch should be an extended notification system. Notifications on the phone also appear on the watch, unless specific apps are blocked from Notification on the watch.
    11-11-2018 12:11 PM
    Nope, not how Wear OS is supposed to work. The watch should be an extended notification system. Notifications on the phone also appear on the watch, unless specific apps are blocked from Notification on the watch.
    So what have I done wrong?

All I've done is just paired my watch to my phone. Notifications are enabled on the watch but don't make any sound on the phone or watch?
    11-11-2018 12:35 PM
    In the Wear OS app there is an option for Silence Phone While Wearing Watch. Is that enabled?
    11-11-2018 12:48 PM
    In the Wear OS app there is an option for Silence Phone While Wearing Watch. Is that enabled?
    OK, I changed that setting and the phone now makes notification sounds. This isn't quite what I want - I want my phone to be silent and my watch to vibrate/make sound on phone notification.
    11-11-2018 02:35 PM
    As far as I know that's what that Setting is supposed to do. Keep the phone Notifications silent and only the watch will vibrate. Maybe there is a bug in Wear OS? Does your watch have a speaker? Many don't and can only vibrate for watch Notification
    11-11-2018 06:19 PM
    Yes, my watch has a speaker, and the notifications sound fine in the settings screen. I'm thinking I need to hard reset my phone and watch and try again..
    11-12-2018 04:44 AM
    I wouldn't hard reset the phone, just the watch. And while the watch is resetting uninstall the Wear OS app from your phone. Then reboot your phone and reinstall the Wear OS app. Then when the watch is done factory resetting you can pair them together fresh & clean. I have done that several times when I had issues and it has always helped get things running smoothly again.
    11-12-2018 07:41 AM