Ok I am going to write a review of the Toshiba Excite 350.

I do like this tab, though I am still getting used to it (I am a first-time tab owner) and there are a few technical issues that I believe can be fixed with workarounds.

One of those issues was a problem I had with my Google calendar. Events were not syncing into the tab. This issue was not isolated to the Excite. The same thing was happening on the Acer A510 that I exchanged. There seems to be an issue with my original Google calendar and ICS.

What I did to resolve the problem was to create a new Google account and sync all my events to the new calendar, then sync the new calendar into my tab calendar. I now have my own little super highway going on because I still use my original calendar, which syncs to my HTC Rezound and Microsoft Outlook. The wonderful and smart people at the HTC Rezound Android Central group gave me enough tips to get this one figured out. Here is just a short summary of how I resolved the problem: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...yone-else.html

My other issue right now is that the Twitter app is not working. It will not retain my account settings. So, I have written to Twitter and hopefully there will be an answer. What I think might be happening is that Twitter is not showing up in the sync accounts area. They are sitting there in my phone, but nowhere to be found on the tab. I would like to have Twitter working. Anyway, my issues are basically software related, which is a good thing because with Android there is always a workaround if you look hard enough.

I was asked about light bleed and I have not seen any of that with this tab. I think the display is really nice. The colors are good and everything looks really pretty. The browsing is not at the speed of light, but it suffices. The browser default is a news and information page. I dont mind that and there is a Google search bar on the page.

I do find that the screen rotation is sometimes sluggish. It eventually gets there and it is not all the time, but there are times when it seemingly gets stuck. Movies look great and the sound is good too.

I love using Latitude so that I can stalk my favorite people and I was very happy that I was able to use some of the labs without forcing the app to crash. The GPS works great. It always finds me wherever I am and the wifi works great and connects seamlessly.

And the one little thing that I really, really like is these little app folders on the home screens. I have yet to figure out what they are called so that I can create more of them or customize what I have, but they are very cool. You can add a group of apps to them and they are right at your fingertips.

I have not yet tried out the camera or video. I will update after I get to those features. I am also waiting for my keyboard and folding case to arrive. I ordered both the case and keyboard from Amazon because they were much better priced than at Toshiba. The folding case is temporarily out of stock. I am anxious for that to get to me.

I did order an extra power cord from Toshiba could not find it anywhere else. The cord is pretty bulky, but it still fits into my nice carry case. The unit feels really nice in the hands. It is light and there are no sharp edges.

I will give the unit four stars for now.

Hope this helps. I will add on as I get more familiar with the unit.
    gameling likes this.
    05-09-2012 04:08 PM
    If the power cord is like the Thrive, you're going to end up appreciating the bulk. I've never actually timed it, but it seems like the Thrive charges in about an hour. Other tablets with USB charging take hours and hours, and...
    05-11-2012 05:07 AM
    I will have to test the charging time with the display off cause it takes about four hours to charge with display on.
    05-11-2012 07:24 AM
    That's nothing... This iPad takes about 7.5 hours to go from zero to 100%.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    05-11-2012 06:46 PM
    That's nothing... This iPad takes about 7.5 hours to go from zero to 100%.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Wow ... that is quite a charge time!
    05-11-2012 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD