And this goes for Android phones too ...

I send a lot of group emails to specific groups. I have not yet found a contact function within the Android operating system that allows one to create groups and then send email. Not even Gmail on the tab or phone provides fully functional contact abilities.

I would really, really love to be able to keep my laptop at home a few days a week, but until this issue is solved, I just don't think I can do that because if I am required to send out a group email, I have to go through a lot of hoops to get it done when on my laptop in Windows Live Mail, I can do that with one click.

Does anyone here have any solutions? I have checked out apps for Windows Live Mail, but I believe they are just for Hotmail accounts and not basic pop accounts. I have numerous email accounts and need something that will support numerous accounts and an address book with group features.
    05-16-2012 11:09 AM
    I just downloaded Profimail, which at least gives me access to my contacts.

Good grief ... this is not rocket science!
    05-16-2012 11:10 AM
    The 'People' app does what you want. It is all of your contacts and lets you assign them to groups.

I don't remember seeing it before ICS, but it is definitely there now.
    skatergirl likes this.
    05-18-2012 01:58 PM
    The 'People' app does what you want. It is all of your contacts and lets you assign them to groups.

I don't remember seeing it before ICS, but it is definitely there now.
    I do know that the People app syncs over my groups. However, you cannot send a group email from the People app.

I don't like having to pay for the Profimail, but it works better than the stock app and will let me get to that people app from with Profimail.
    05-18-2012 02:23 PM
    Hmm. you are right.

I verified that it worked on my ICS phone before sending, but it isn't in the tablet version. I also versified that it works from my desktop browser.

Time to play some more.
    skatergirl likes this.
    05-18-2012 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD