Micro USB adapter Help

Reuben Mikul

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased a micro USB Male to USB A Female adapter so I can access a thumb drive or plug in a USB device for use with my tablet and it doesn't seem to fit into the port. It slides in and out real easily and when I plugged the thumb drive in there was no response from the tablet. The thumb drive has a light which shows when it is being accessed but it did not light which leads me to believe that my adapter is either faulty or the wrong type. It was only a few bucks from Amazon so I won't be sending it back but I do want to make sure I buy the correct adapter the next time. Thanks in advance for any and all post.:confused:

Reuben Mikul

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
can your tablet even support OTG usb storage? it has to be able to provide enough power to the USB also.

I'm assuming that it can. I have the Excite 10 AT305-T32 and I found the following post on androidforum.com under the Toshiba Excite 10 forum. I replied to that post but haven't received a response from that poster yet.
"Was thrilled to learn a USB org cable let me read from a USB flash drive, allowing me to move files back and forth from my PC to the tablet.
Alas it won't recognize my lexar 32gb flash drive. It will read a 2gb flash drive by lexar and a sandiskb8gb.
What gives? Is there some setting I can change?
I tried two different org cables by two different manufacturers."

So, as you can see above, that poster was able to use the micro USB port on his Excite 10 to read USB 2gb flash drives (thumb drives) but if he used anything larger than 2gb the files had to be formatted using xfat or fat32. I'm just looking to make sure I purchase the correct adapter. Thanks for your response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty