Best Buy Fails Thrive

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Stopped by my local Best Buy with intention of taking close look at Thrive and the Samsung 10.1.

Played with Samsung 10.1 first. Nice screen, light tablet, everything worked as expected. The lack of connections though does bug me. Just hate to be charged extra for any connecting cables I might find I need.

Walked over to Thrive and screen was dead. Tried to start it up - no dice. I waved a customer service guy over and asked him if this was suffering from "sleep of death". He laughed uncomfortably and mumbled something about yes and we haven't gotten the software patch yet to fix it.

Has't that update been pushed out by Toshiba already? If it has, why wouldn't Best Buy make certain they had it installed on display model.

I left store disappointed and still wondering if Thrive is right tablet for me.

romeoin501

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I know exactly how you feel. I actually own a thrive and went to best buy to look for a case for it when I found a dead thrive on display as well. My thrive has suffered the "sleep of death" issue just like many others. I checked today for the software update that we had all been looking for and found that it dropped today. I have since applied the update and have had no issues.

I don't know if this will help you in your decision or not, but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante