Screen turns on randomly

dbillman

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have have my thrive for about 2 weeks now and have noticed that after I am done using it and set it down, sometimes the screen randomly comes on with the numerical passcode screen. The amount of time between me turning the thrive off and the screen coming on is random. Does anyone else have this issue? Could it be a glitch in the software or an app causing the screen to pop on? Other than this I am thrilled with the thrive.

On a separate note, if anyone knows a good free video converter or a way to play avi files on the thrive that would be great. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive, all typos blamed on the tablet.

sbosak

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Haven't run into this glitch. Have you used Service Station to upgrade the firmware? The latest came in last night (8/3).

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
The update rebooted the tablet automatically didnt it?

To be honest, I don't know. Haven't yet had time to check out the contents/intents of this update, and I don't like to install updates without knowing what to expect from them . . . This is a major item that I wish Toshiba would address (letting us know what's in an update at the time it becomes available).

Actually, I've not installed any update, except the initial one (by mistake! as I was just becoming acquainted with my Thrive).

I wonder if the info on each update is somewhere online . . . Has anyone, perchance, come across it?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11