reading books

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I want to download a book from public library, I have the info from the library, just wondering if I need app like an ereader?!

Do they make an adobe digital editions for android?

Anyone, done this.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I was just reading about that a few days ago, nonie, and I believe 'tis the Kindle that has the library capability. If that is correct, you should be able to download the Kindle app onto your Thrive and then read a lib book in the app.

I could be mistaken; it might've been the Nook and if so, I know you can put it on your Thrive.

Let us know if you do this how it works! :)

Reactions: nonie

sbosak

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Keith is right, Overdrive works great on the Thrive-- also, many local libraries are supporting the Kindle app as well. You need to log onto their site(s), check the ebook section, and they'll let you know what eBbook versions each edition is in.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Keith is right, Overdrive works great on the Thrive-- also, many local libraries are supporting the Kindle app as well. You need to log onto their site(s), check the ebook section, and they'll let you know what eBbook versions each edition is in.

Thanks for saying how lib ebooks work. I definitely want to pursue lib ebooks. I've purchased several books for my nook---and after I read them they are just there on my nook and I can't sell them or give them to anyone. :( :(

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
That's what I want to do, is get books from my local library, but its seems my local library does not support overdrive. What I would have to do is download to my pc via adobe digital editions, then hook thrive to pc and transfer. Doing it that way seems a lot of trouble. Lol.

Like Hummingbirdhill said, after you read them, they are just there,if you buy them.

If I understand overdrive, it downloads directly to thrive.

Now wonder if there is an on line library I can, that will issue me a card, :)

sbosak

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
When I browse my local library web site for ebooks, a dropdowqn box appears that lets me know what other libraries in the area (inter-library loan program) I can download it from....so if it's electronically "checked out" at my local site, I can choose another. Tell your library to get with it!

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I found one by an author I like, it shows kindle and adobe epub. Does that mean, I need either a kindle or adobe epub ereader

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded overdrive. Did a search on there site. Could not find local library.
Found libraries, but all said I needed card from them

Guess its not gonna happen. Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acecool99