Having the hardest time with bookmarks for some reason...

Brickedin21

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
So we got a thrive, and wanted to transfer all the bookmarks from one laptop, to the tablet. I consider myself pretty good with android and thought, I did it with my phone no problem, this is going to be easy. wrong. For whatever reason, I cannot get bookmarks to sync with the tablet for either dolphin, or the standard browser. I tried syncing the standard browser with gmail and let the sync do the job, but I go into the settings and tell it to sync, click the corresponding email, and nothing. It doesn't do anything. I have tried bookmarks to SD to import/export to dolphin and the standard browser. That had some success, but only for about 1/3rd of the bookmarks. I tried mybookmarks from rerware, that doesn't even give a device ID for the tablet. So far the only thing that worked for all of the them is firefox, and to me, firefox is f***ing useless. So other than firefox, the only way to actually view the bookmarks is though the file explorer and the .html file I put on the SD card. Does anyone have another way to get these bookmarks into dolphin or the standard browser!? Thank you!

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
So we got a thrive, and wanted to transfer all the bookmarks from one laptop, to the tablet. I consider myself pretty good with android and thought, I did it with my phone no problem, this is going to be easy. wrong. For whatever reason, I cannot get bookmarks to sync with the tablet for either dolphin, or the standard browser. I tried syncing the standard browser with gmail and let the sync do the job, but I go into the settings and tell it to sync, click the corresponding email, and nothing. It doesn't do anything. I have tried bookmarks to SD to import/export to dolphin and the standard browser. That had some success, but only for about 1/3rd of the bookmarks. I tried mybookmarks from rerware, that doesn't even give a device ID for the tablet. So far the only thing that worked for all of the them is firefox, and to me, firefox is f***ing useless. So other than firefox, the only way to actually view the bookmarks is though the file explorer and the .html file I put on the SD card. Does anyone have another way to get these bookmarks into dolphin or the standard browser!? Thank you!

I also had a very frustrating experience getting my bookmarks into my Thrive, so I understand. Ultimately, I installed Opera on one of my puters, imported my bookmarks from IE, and then installed Opera for Mobile in my Thrive, and utilized the Opera Link to make my bookmarks available to my Thrive. I'm sure that all of this took much less than an hour total, so it's not as time-consuming as it may sound. Please let us know when you are successful! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar