Rooting The Toshiba Thrive

tungsten

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone has done this on a Toshiba Thrive tablet (I have the 10") ?

Can you please post the steps that you did to achieve rooting?

Thank you

mwvik

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
go to toshiba thrive forum...search for thrive_easy_flash_dos_v0.7 thats the one I have , He came out with ver 8 today......that is the quick and easy method there should be instructions too.....you can also find rom mods and upgrades I am running Android ver 3.2 and love it over my stk 3.1

Reactions: tungsten

tungsten

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
go to toshiba thrive forum...search for thrive_easy_flash_dos_v0.7 thats the one I have , He came out with ver 8 today......that is the quick and easy method there should be instructions too.....you can also find rom mods and upgrades I am running Android ver 3.2 and love it over my stk 3.1

I am not able to find a thread in the toshiba forum that contains any combination of thrive_easy_flash_dos_v0.7

what am I doing wrong?

I found this in another forum:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/toshiba-thrive/23560-how-root-toshiba-thrive-tablet.html

thanks

Last edited:

mwvik

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
thriveforums.org for the latested and virus free. that looks the same but might be old version. new version of clockwork mod frmoved partition sd card option which causes bricking ( your unit is totally dead) on the home page go to forums, roms and mods....you will find it .

TricksAreForKidz

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
If you still want to root your thrive,I would advise you not to update the system software 3.1.31.5.0011 As it removes fastboot that is used to root
The thrive.
Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

broly10000

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone knows how to root a v3.2 device? I like to keep it simple and the Thrive forum takes you to 5 diferent pages and set of instructions and for a single root. Thanks

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
kind of long, but a good list of resources i was compiling for rooting mine when it arrives tomorrow:

(opinion link) stay on 3.1 or update to 3.2?: 3.1 or 3.2?

Step 1-Root
Root it: Root/Unroot Walktrhough using Easy-Root Tool (Youtube)

Root it for noobs: Thrive Rooting Tutorial for us Noob's!

If on HTK55D.31.5.0002 US HC 3.2.1 ROM, go here for the exploit to get it to be accepting root procedure : [Tool] DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0002 US HC 3.2.1 Root Tool

If drivers are needed: [Drivers] USB ADB Driver Installation Package

Step 2: CWMR (if not already flashed in Root-tutorials)
How To Install Clockwork Mod on Your Toshiba Thrive via Fastboot

Step 3: back that tablet up using CWMR

Step 4: ROM-time
[/B] [ROM] DaleNet HTK55D.31.5.0002 OOM Rooted ROM (US HC 3.2.1)

(optional) Then, install ICS Theme: [Theme] Ice Cream Sandwich

Last edited:
Reactions: xdalaw

Lestah_613

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Soooo ....should I root? I have 3.2
I need to get rid of these bloatware...its annoying. I need to be able to install these apps on my SD card because they take up lotta space.

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Soooo ....should I root? I have 3.2
I need to get rid of these bloatware...its annoying. I need to be able to install these apps on my SD card because they take up lotta space.

I'm not sure that apps to sd works on HC currently, even rooted. So if that's your main goal, you might be disappointed.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36