So when is it coming?

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
So - when is the Toshiba Thrive coming? There is little to no activity on this board and it seems like there is absolutely no buzz regarding it.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
So - when is the Toshiba Thrive coming? There is little to no activity on this board and it seems like there is absolutely no buzz regarding it.
I've been researching the Toshiba Thrive ever since Tuesday. There's plenty of buzz on it, just not here I guess. :p

Anyway, the tablet will release on July 10th, which is the day before my birthday! :D

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been researching the Toshiba Thrive ever since Tuesday. There's plenty of buzz on it, just not here I guess. :p

Anyway, the tablet will release on July 10th, which is the day before my birthday! :D

TODAY is my birthday and I soooo wish it'd ship early---TODAY. :)

I ordered my Thrive from ToshibaDirect, along with a tablet pen and the 360 degree portfolio case, on June 13. (The case is my husband's birthday gift to me.)

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
TODAY is my birthday and I soooo wish it'd ship early---TODAY. :)

I ordered my Thrive from ToshibaDirect, along with a tablet pen and the 360 degree portfolio case, on June 13. (The case is my husband's birthday gift to me.)

Wooo! Happy birthday! :)

I wish it would release today too, I want to see more reviews on it before I put money down.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Wooo! Happy birthday! :)

I wish it would release today too, I want to see more reviews on it before I put money down.

Thanks, Ryuuie.

So, what will you be using your Thrive for---if you decide it's the tab for you?

After my experience with the playful HTC Flyer (which I returned to BB within a few days), and knowing that HP's webOS can't edit documents on the TouchPad, the Thrive appears to be the most seriously able to do work (at least my type of work) and is the sole option for me at this point. Sure do hope it's as great as it sounds from the info I've read.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Ryuuie.

So, what will you be using your Thrive for---if you decide it's the tab for you?

After my experience with the playful HTC Flyer (which I returned to BB within a few days), and knowing that HP's webOS can't edit documents on the TouchPad, the Thrive appears to be the most seriously able to do work (at least my type of work) and is the sole option for me at this point. Sure do hope it's as great as it sounds from the info I've read.

I'd be using it as a replacement for my laptop when I'm in my classes that have nothing to do with Windows. I'm taking college classes on information technology and if I can get by with using a tablet for classes such as Psychology, Human Relations, etc. (I'm required to take them) for note taking, then that's awesome.

I'm really looking at ASUS' Eee Pad Transformer though because of that word processing app it comes with. I can do without the keyboard addon for it though. I hope Toshiba put something like it in the Thrive.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd be using it as a replacement for my laptop when I'm in my classes that have nothing to do with Windows. I'm taking college classes on information technology and if I can get by with using a tablet for classes such as Psychology, Human Relations, etc. (I'm required to take them) for note taking, then that's awesome.

I'm really looking at ASUS' Eee Pad Transformer though because of that word processing app it comes with. I can do without the keyboard addon for it though. I hope Toshiba put something like it in the Thrive.

If you are wanting a tab for college classes notetaking, I would recommend the Thrive because of Toshiba's file manager on the Thrive. A file manager is invaluable for class notes! NOTE: I'm a college professor and intend to use my Thrive for teaching my online writing classes (grading tests and papers, moderating discussion forums, and responding to student email) when I'm away from my puters.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
If you are wanting a tab for college classes notetaking, I would recommend the Thrive because of Toshiba's file manager on the Thrive. A file manager is invaluable for class notes! NOTE: I'm a college professor and intend to use my Thrive for teaching my online writing classes (grading tests and papers, moderating discussion forums, and responding to student email) when I'm away from my puters.

I actually forgot about that file manager, it would come in handy since it allows you access to the SD card and the USB drive. I'm sure there are a few Office-like applications for note-taking and if not, I could always use the camera or microphone to record a lecture.

Cool! :) I'm in online classes now actually for writing (and writing a paper on the Android OS as an assignment) but I'll be migrating back to offline classes for the last four or so classes I have left.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I actually forgot about that file manager, it would come in handy since it allows you access to the SD card and the USB drive. I'm sure there are a few Office-like applications for note-taking and if not, I could always use the camera or microphone to record a lecture.

Cool! :) I'm in online classes now actually for writing (and writing a paper on the Android OS as an assignment) but I'll be migrating back to offline classes for the last four or so classes I have left.

So, what degree will you have when you are finished? Will you use the same tab in your career as you purchase for school? Do you take online classes in the same school you take oncampus classes?

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
So, what degree will you have when you are finished? Will you use the same tab in your career as you purchase for school? Do you take online classes in the same school you take oncampus classes?

I'll have an associate's degree in information technology. :) I do plan to use the same tablet as my career starts as it should last a while as long as Toshiba keeps with the updates.I do take online classes in the same school as on campus and I prefer the online, but it's a little lonely at times.

Australia got the Thrive already! :) I posted a new thread about it. New Zealand may have it too.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I'll have an associate's degree in information technology. :) I do plan to use the same tablet as my career starts as it should last a while as long as Toshiba keeps with the updates.I do take online classes in the same school as on campus and I prefer the online, but it's a little lonely at times.

Australia got the Thrive already! :) I posted a new thread about it. New Zealand may have it too.

So, are you in Australia? (You don't have to answer this question if you'd prefer not to.) I was actually wondering where you are in school! I teach in central Arkansas schools.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
IT is a specialty of one of the 2-year colleges for which I teach and many of the IT students take my online freshman writing classes . . . and I thought 'twould be a huge coincidence if you had been one of my students. :)

So, you plan to use the Thrive in your career; what a great choice! The Thrive appears to be perhaps the most business-oriented tab on the market IMHO. (In researching tabs for the last 4-5 months, I have the distinct impression that most do entertainment best.)

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
IT is a specialty of one of the 2-year colleges for which I teach and many of the IT students take my online freshman writing classes . . . and I thought 'twould be a huge coincidence if you had been one of my students. :)

So, you plan to use the Thrive in your career; what a great choice! The Thrive appears to be perhaps the most business-oriented tab on the market IMHO. (In researching tabs for the last 4-5 months, I have the distinct impression that most do entertainment best.)

I'm in a 2-year college myself. :) I went out and tested the Xoom and Acer Iconia. The Xoom was really nice except the $600 price tag. I'm definitely going to have to look into the Toshiba even more now.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, today starts July, Thrive's month of release. :)

I still haven't received an email that Toshiba has shipped my Thrive order. July 10 can't come quickly enough!

Does anyone in here know how to pronounce Thrive? In a Thrive vid I thought I heard two syllables . . .

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I have always pronounced it "thr-eye-ve". How have you heard it said? My report is in the rough draft, by the way...at 13 pages. lol

The maximum was five but I e-mailed the instructor to let her know that it may be over five and she was okay with it. Considering most of the pages are from personal knowledge and developer.android.com, I'm surprised.

broketownazn

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I just read that the Thrive have arrived in Best Buy locations, but of course it is a little more expensive than the online retail stores. I wouldn't be surprise for the Thrive to come out sooner than next week's release date of 7/15.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I just read that the Thrive have arrived in Best Buy locations, but of course it is a little more expensive than the online retail stores. I wouldn't be surprise for the Thrive to come out sooner than next week's release date of 7/15.

The date's not 7/15, it's 7/10.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to toshibadirect.com today about my preorder. The rep told me they were starting to ship on July 11th.

That's only because July 10th is a Sunday. The official date is still July 10th, 2011 but online is going to be shipped July 8th (to arrive to people on Sunday) OR July 11th.

If you go to a Walmart or Radio Shack on 7/10, you'll most likely see them out for sale.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol